• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't quite get 2.8 ghz with 3200+ Venice :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Why aren't you able to go further? Prime Erroring out? Memory not keeping up? Whats the problem could be anything atm without knowing the problems you're running into.

First of all, turn down the volts ASAP.
Second of all, are you sure RAM isn't the problem? (Try using a really low divider like 1:2)
How long can Prime95 Small FFT go for?

Complaining about 2.7ghz? Why? Thats like a 700mhz overclock, pretty damn good if you ask me. Yeah definatly turn down the volts, I wouldnt go above 1.6v. Try using a divider if you havnt already.

:eek: Your vcore is definately too high, the extra heat from that much voltage might be whats causing instability (just a thought). As far as stablizing it, isolate each variable first and find out which one is the problem then you can fix it from there.

2.7g's for a Venice is actually quite good. As a standard I use 1.6vcore as a MAX on air but I try to keep 1.55 as my max.

Back