• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HOw come i only have one cpu graph?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ati

I read that your supposed to have 2 cpu graphs if your system as HT. Mine only has one. Do i need to format or something? I just noticed it today.

1. You need to ensure Hyperthreading is enabled in the BIOS
2. You need to be running a Multiprocessor HAL. Check Device Manager -> Computer, it should be an ACPI Multiprocessor PC.

I'll check if its enabled in the bios. In device manager it shows Intel(R) Pentuim(R) 4 CPU 3.00Ghz 2 times.

well thats the problem. It only shows one graph. Maybe windows is being itself again..

shellshock said:
go to task manager, then click the preformance tab, then click view, then click cpu history. Make sure that its set on "one graph per cpu"

^^^^ Yes, what he said. The task manager defaults to one. Both are enabled, but if it's only showing one graph, it's only gonna show the one logical CPU. To show both you have to set it to show both. :)

Doesnt work..
Here it is running prime device manager and task manager.
cpuMedium.jpg

I use Speedfan as my CPU % Meter. Shows both cores (or virtual cores for HT), and you get Temp and Voltage at a glance...

I think my Task Manager looks just like yours (one bar for a Dual Core CPU), but I use it so rarely, I forgot...

:cool:

Well I might not know what the issue is but really it doesn't matter. My experience with HT was that not only did it do squat, but it's graph was identical to the actualy CPU

I had the same issue with a dual core Pent D. I only had one processer showing. I had to reformat my comp. When you first boot from the windows install disc, keep hitting F5 until you come to a little box that has some options in it. This is the "HAL" people keep talking about. Once you get that box, press your up arror to select "ACPI Mulitprocesser...."

I did it, and now I have two graphs =) Everything else in the installation should be normal.

Good luck

ah ha another thing i didnt know you need to have a ht capable bios to use the ht capacity of your P4/ht so actualy putting a P4/ht in my laptop wont make the P4 use its ht capacity if the lappy doesnt support it in the bios

Know Nuttin said:
1. You need to ensure Hyperthreading is enabled in the BIOS
2. You need to be running a Multiprocessor HAL. Check Device Manager -> Computer, it should be an ACPI Multiprocessor PC.

That might be it. In the bios it says just ACPI PC not Multiprocessor. Do I need to format to get HAL?

Ok well i will do that once i get my fileserver running so i can back up my stuff. Does this mean that HT isnt running right now?

Back