• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Journey to 2.6+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheNewbie

Well it all started one night when I was trying a new heatsink on my old 2400Xp locked processor. I was in the process of tightening it down when the heatsink suddenly settled and I heard a disturbing crunch niose (DOH) :bang head Apparently I had not noticed that a PS wire had sneakily found its way under my heatsink gotten squashed to the point of almost being flattened then popped out from under my heatsink litterally shooting it down on my processor. Oh well it happens to every1 sometime right? So I get on newegg any voila I'm back on the game w/ an overnighted mobile 2400 Xp for a mere $135, at the time a steal to me. So I started tweaking this little puppy out over a few weeks and had hit a brick wall at 2506Mhz w/ a multi of 12. I tried everything to cool it just get a couple more Mhz even tried a pelt but to no avail, the only seemed to be go water or phase change. So a few months of browsing went by and finally the wait was over, I had gotten ahold of a cheap WaterChill kit off of E-bay for $75. So the rest is history here's what I ended up w/:

Thanks for all the help along the way from the helpful ppl here at the OCforums :)

Attachments

• Copy of Journey to 2.6.JPG
    Copy of Journey to 2.6.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 59
Back