• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T-bird 1gig /Abit KT7 Raid How do I overclock and what speed should i get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

robman

I have a tbird 1gig and kt7 raid w/384 meg pc133 ram ,g-force 2 32 meg ddr ,nice sys but need more speed. would a different processor help? Please help

hmmm I'd say DDR RAM with a new mb with the KT266A chipset. If you're looking for not such a serious upgrade a new processor will help but RAM would be my choice. Just my $.02

robman said:
I have a tbird 1gig and kt7 raid w/384 meg pc133 ram ,g-force 2 32 meg ddr ,nice sys but need more speed. would a different processor help? Please help
You can overclock with the FSB but you will you will be limited to 110MHz/220FSB with the KT133 chipset on your MoBo. There is always the multiplier that can be adjusted in the BIOS/SOFT MENU III just be sure to have the DRAM CLOCK @ HCLK+PCICLK, I'm assuming you have a 100MHz/200FSB CPU. There is a very good knowledge base here that can help you with the basics on your MoBo.

I found it;) HSF? How much do you want to spend? I don't have any experience with your videocard but I've been happy with the Blue Orb too cool mine down.

You can try the Crystal Orb for your videocard
ProductcrystalOrb.jpg

The SK-6 is one the best HSF for your CPU for a relatively good price. Overclocker.com has a good review of it here.

therma1.jpg

The MC462-A is really nice but pricey.

sw4621.jpg

This is the MCX462(improved version, the pins have grooves/threads)

mcx4623.gif

Back