• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Boot question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lemings

I recently just finished building this system to replace my old one (the old one was a gateway). Any how, whenever I start up I have to go through the process of waiting around 6 seconds from which I must press "F1" on the "SMART" values screen. I wouldn't mind this generally but its just more of a nascence. I checked my BIOS options and found nothing there (Perhaps I just over looked it). Any help you guys can offer would be greatly welcomed.

We would have to know what motherboard you are using and BIOS revision to know if there is an option to bypass the startup screen. Most boards do have this function I think. Look for enable quick boot or disable memory test or something like that.
Check the motherboard manual online for all the settings.

Thanks for the reply, Sorry about the lack of information. Any way, the Motherbaord is Epox 9npa Ultra, and I will have to get back to you on the BIOS version as I am pressed for time now.

Back