• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd Cooling Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IceReaver75

Registered
I have just built a new system a few months ago. Not the best but alot better than what I was running before this one. I am having cpu cooling problems I beleive. I have a AMD Sempron 2600+ Thoroughbred-B Chip running in a PcChips M848ALU Ver. 2.1 board. My CPU is not overclocked at all just running normal but my idle temps are running about 49 C at an idle and 54-56 C under load. I pretty sure thats alittle warm for not having it overcloacked at all. Im pretty sure its not a case temp problem cause my case temps are running around 82-86 F according to my case temp display. I have a vantec copper heat sink on the chip and used Dynex silver thermal paste. I've have ducted the cpu fan directly to an 80 mm fan to draw air from outside the case straight to the cpu fan. Any other suggestions you might have to try and get the temps down some if needed? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

I should have mentioned that I had tried resetting already. That did help the temps cause before I reset my temps were running high 50s to 60 C idle. Like I said its now 48-50 C idle. Is it possible that it is a bogus senor reading at all. The heat sink isn't warm or hot to the touch. I have run a couple different temp reading programs and get different readings from all. One will say 63 C. Everest reports it at 52-54 C. Bios reports it at 48-49 C. So as you can see I get different readings from a pretty temp range.

wow man thats hot my oc 2800+ runs about 50 under load u should be running around 40 but i cant tell i run a valcano 11 . but anyway what kind of past u using? i use geil copper or artic5 and yea could be a sensor

Im using Dynex Silver thermal paste. The heatsink is an vantec copper high volume cfm. I did change the fan on the heatsink. The one that came on the heatsink was running at 7400-7800 rpm and my system sounded like a vaccum cleaner. When I changed the fans there was no differance in temps. I also have an ATT Kcp30 Solid copper heat sink that i could change to but not sure if it would make a differance than what i have already installed since the vantec is also copper. The Att is alot heavier that I know for sure.

Just seeing if there is any other suggestions on how to lower the temps some out there.

o_O i don't think its the thermal paste....

but it mite be?

ive never heard of it soo yeah i wouldn't know either.

i think its a bogus sensor but you can't be oversure. >.<

gluck

sounds like a bogus reading as I just built a system around an asrock board for a friend that has a uli chipset and it was reading 127c on the cpu, running strong, sad part is he is too impatient to rma the board I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you start getting stability problems

I just wanted to thank everybody for their help. It has to be a bogus temp reading cause I've had my computer running for 7 days straight and I just touched my heat sink and it is barely warm to the touch. I am able to grasp my heatsink and hold my hand there without it being to warm to have to let go of it cause of heat so it cant be running at the 130-135 F that everest is reporting it as. So the only conclusion is a bad temp. reading. Thanks again for the suggestions and help.

Back