• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hows my XP-M 2600's Stepping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Punisher69

What's Your Experiences with this Stepping of a Mobile XP-M 2600?

AXMG2600FQQ4C
IQYHA 0352MPMW

Good Stepping?

The Coolest said:
That is probably one of the best XP steppings AMD has ever produced.

That one and IDYHA have consistently produced the best overclocks we've seen. I've had both, as well as AQYHA, and the IDYHA was the best, but not by much. The "A" steppings seem to be inferior to the "I" steppings. I pushed that IDYHA chip past 2.7 GHz stable, and the IQYHA past 2.6 GHz stable, both using a Thermalright SI-97. I would expect at least 2.4-2.5 GHz out of it on air, regardless of the rest of your setup. My rig was an Abit NF7-S v2.0 using one of the TicTac modded BIOS. I believe it was the MantaRay 26, but I'm not sure, it was a while back. But that IQYHA chip should be a gem of an overclocker if it's anything like the rest of them.

That is the EXACT cpu I am running right now in my NF7-S at 12X210:2.5ghz on air.

With good cooling and a Nforce mobo, you'll be all set. Just make sure your memory can handle the speeds you want to throw at it-

Vcore 1.725
Idle temp 41C
Load temp 48C
Memory timings 7-2-2-2.0

Temps are due to the 85 cfm Torin blower running at about 1/2 speed (approx 40 cfm)- they would be lower if I cranked it up-

itshondo said:
Vcore 1.725
Idle temp 41C
Load temp 48C
Memory timings 7-2-2-2.0

Temps are due to the 85 cfm Torin blower running at about 1/2 speed (approx 40 cfm)- they would be lower if I cranked it up-

What's The Highest Mhz you Can squeeze out with that stepping? my mobo (unmodded as of yet) Supports up to 2.00 vcore. I'll have to see my temps situation with it before i know if im able to cool 2.00 vcore air cooling. i think its around 128 Watts and right now im Cooling that many watts with a ambiant air temp at 25c and the processor full load temp of 40c. this is a desktop barton 2500. my idle temps are usually 28-30 fluctualting as i browse and do light work load tasks in windows. im Hoping to get 2700 Mhz on air.

I think 2V @ 2.7 GHz is more than 128 Watts. 2700/1500*(2.0/1.4)^2*45 ~ closer to 180W without even taking into account increased leakage from excessive vcore.

But the thing is, you shouldn't need 2V for 2.7 GHz. Maybe it can do it with 1.75-1.8V

i can get 2.6 with 1.88 vcore and a crappy mobo and psu, and cooling with my iqyha or w/e

you 're gonna need some heavy duty air cooling to run that mobile at 2.0 volts vcore-

I'd suggest water cooling if I was going to push it that hard-

Watercooling a Socket A system is a waste of time. You can get a $60 Sempron S754 which will rape any Socket A chip on air.

That's right, if this thread was titled, "What should I get when I sell my mobile rig", but it's not- he's asking about his mobile and it's stepping.

IvanAndreevich said:
I think 2V @ 2.7 GHz is more than 128 Watts. 2700/1500*(2.0/1.4)^2*45 ~ closer to 180W without even taking into account increased leakage from excessive vcore.

But the thing is, you shouldn't need 2V for 2.7 GHz. Maybe it can do it with 1.75-1.8V

This Should be about 95% Accurate.

Watts_overclocked = Watts_Default * (New_Clockspeed / Default_Clockspeed) * (New_Voltage / Default_Voltage)^2

Heres one that you can just plug in the numbers but i don't know the math behind it.

http://www.benchtest.com/calc.html

180 watts seems a bit high. plus your calculations are wrong. a stock xp-m2600 is 2000mhz at 1.45 volts, not 1500mhz at 1.4 volts. the 128 watts is what im cooling right now.
thats what i figured a desktop 2500+ @ 2.0 vcore 2300 Mhz to be which is what im running right now on air.

itshondo said:
That's right, if this thread was titled, "What should I get when I sell my mobile rig", but it's not- he's asking about his mobile and it's stepping.

Correct.

MOBO: I'm going to wait till Socket AM2 Matures which should be around jan next year (income Tax time). I think their coming out somewhere around june/july this year.

Video Card: No Point... I got a 6800 Ultra it will do me fine for the games that are out right now. Plus Current Generation Video Cards do not have dx10(Direct x 10) and HTCP (high Definition Content Protection). And Even so when the first dx10 gen cards come out they will prob not support all of the features in a more polished version of dx10.

That Said. I Thought my best position right now would be to pick up a xp-m 2600, clock the hell outta it, and wait till next year.

Last edited:
I had an 0351 MPMW running 2.9GHz prime stable with 1.9V core on a NF-7 but it took chilled water cooling to do it. The cpu peaked in the upper 20s C when loaded.

Sadly, condensation eventually corroded about 1/5 of the pins on the cpu and now it just sits in my parts bin as a reminder.

Back