• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Urgent Help, Windows wont boot all the way?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mooreswhat

Hey everyone,

I decided to uninstall the firewall I was using, Sunblet Kerio Firewall. I went ahead and uninstalled it, rebooted and everything seemed fine. I typed in my password and windows was loading up. All of a sudden windows rebooted...

I tried again and again and right after my desktop etc appears it reboots...

Temps are fine, rails are solid, passed memtest etc all seems fine. In fact I am on the computer right now but in safe mode with networking. The PC works fine except when I'm booting windows normally.

I tried making a new user account and go into windows normally, it lasted a bit longer but then rebooted also...

Any ideas?

Do I have to format and reinstall windows?

Thanks

try going in safe mode....just see if that works...disable / delte the firewall

Sounds like something went wrong in the uninstall of the firewall. Try going into safe mode and looking for any bits of it that might still be around. I would be especially interested in anything that is trying to run automatically. Check in the startup folder, and registry too. If you have SpyBot installed it has a handy tool to check what is set to run automatically when the PC starts up, and can delete/alter them for you.

If that doesn't help try using a restore point from before the uninstall.

[Start-->Run-->msconfig] check for suspicious startup items and remove them then rebot teh machie and see if that helps. If that so check those programs and remove them and also do a registry check and remove any links related to them.

Back