• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best overall flat panel Monitor Arm. Flexible and 24" dell ready

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soundfx4

I'm having some trouble picking out a good monitor arm for my Dell 24" monitor. I have looked at several different models on tigerdirect.com. They seam to have the largest selection of monitor arms, but while this is a good thing, it is also a bad thing, seeing as it makes choosing difficult. Not to mention I'm sure they don't even have half of the different models that do exist.

I'm looking for the most flexible, and poseable arm that can handle my 24" monitor, but I don't want to just take a chance seeing as they are fairly expensive. I'm hoping that a few people here have tried some of the better monitor arms and could give me their opinion.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

yeah please linky....I currently have 2 LCDs...wouldn't mind having a arm which holds both!...also do them make em that hold 3? I would be in heaven with a third 2001FP! but don't have the deskspace, if it was elevated and one central arm/on the wall I'd be good!

I have posted it on another thread, but here it is again:

monitors.jpg

Mine is the left one:

bottom_pic.jpg

ds100x4Sq.jpg

The nice thing about Ergotron is that all the Dell LCD's fit it perfectly. I think Ergotron makes the OEM stand for Dell's LCD.

Last edited:
Nice setup, but where's the fourth panel? :p

I think all that is required for a panel to fit a given arm or stand is to comply to the VESA mounting pattern. Dell and nearly all LCD vendors adhere to this standard.

great thread- im looking for one that will hold my 24" dell but mount to the wall instead of the desk- when i find what i'm looking for, i'll post, but if anyone has any suggestions, please feel free :)

It will support the weight of a 2405 easily.

Thanks for the link Larva. It supports it barely, 22lbs and the 2405 weighs 22.1lbs
great thread- im looking for one that will hold my 24" dell but mount to the wall instead of the desk- when i find what i'm looking for, i'll post, but if anyone has any suggestions, please feel free

The link Larva supplied states that its good for WALL or desk mounting. Unless I am missing something?

"This arm facilitates desk, clamp and wall mount options". Quoted from Dell

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...y_id=5387&first=true&page=productlisting.aspx

Last edited:
Sorry it took me so long to reply, I was being lazy hah. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions, I'll have to look at ergotron products. I actually wouldn't mind mounting mine to a wall, that's definitely something I'd be interested in, if nothing else it would be a huge space saver. Which I could really use in my room. :D

Thanks!

dfonda said:
Thanks for the link Larva. It supports it barely 22lbs and the 2405 weighs 22.1lbs
I knew that was going to be immediately said, but you must understand that the 22.1lb weight for the 2405 is with the stand. The panel alone is well under 22lbs., and the arm I recommended will indeed support it with ease.

I would like to add one more question.

Why do these things cost so much? I think we all know they don't cost more then a few bucks to make, maybe 10 bucks. (that's my guess anyway, but I could be wrong)

Are these manufactures riding on the convenience and features excuse that almost all manufactures use for their overpriced products? Or do these things actually cost quite a bit to make?

Thanks!

Ahhh!! I just now checked out ergotrons website! They have way to many products! lol, I guess I better start searching through them all :bang head

LX-LCD and the Neo-Flex look like what I am looking for, but what's the difference between them?

Also, the dell monitor is 22 lbs. I know some of the post here said that that doesn't really matter, but it still makes me very nervous. Are you all sure it will work with the 2405FPW Dell monitor?

Thanks.

Also, the dell monitor is 22 lbs.
If the 2405 is less than 22lbs and the arm is rated for 22lbs what would be the problem? :)
It uses the standard VESA mount.
but you must understand that the 22.1lb weight for the 2405 is with the stand. The panel alone is well under 22lbs.,

Last edited:
wow thats sweet, I want one for mine. Although I'll need more monitors to make it look right :)

From the 2405's Dell documention:

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/monitors/2405fpw/en/about.htm#Specifioications

Weight
Monitor (Stand and Head)
10.0 kg (22.1 lb)
Monitor Flat panel only (VESA Mode)
7.0 kg (15.4 lb)

The stand I listed will support every bit of its rated 22lbs, so two 2005s or one 2405 is easily accommodated. Also note that it is hydraulically dampened. The amount of dampening is adjustable, so you can tune it to the weight of your panel or panels. This allows it panel to 'float' in mid-air wherever you position it. You also tune the frictional pre-load on each joint separately, adjusting the effort with which it takes to move the panel. Once adjusted, you can grab the panel and place it anywhere at any angle and/or rotation and it stays there. Great stuff.

http://www.lcdarms.com/products/LCD_Radial_Arms/7000.html

Back