• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you people think about this cool overclocking case.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Myself and I

Disabled
I am thinking about buying this case with the enermax 431 watt psu with 2 fans on psu. https://www.overclockershideout.com...Store_Code=o&Product_Code=HS&Category_Code=WC

Comes with z4 watercooling kit and combined with the 431 enermax i should have a xp 1800+ running at 1800+mhz to equal p4 2.1 or 2.2 gighertz which would be around xp 2100-2200+
if you are unfamiliar with the z4 watercooling kit the temps for a 1.4 tbird when at 100% usage are at 38C
So let say i put in a xp1800+ i should have that baby running at 1800-1900 mhz

I was privileged to receive the very last unit they had before the 3 to 4 week backorder! It's simply amazing! I ordered the black one, love the color. The pump/reservoir is excellent quality, they forgot my rubber gasket for the reservoir plug, but i picked an o-ring up for about 12 cents, so no worries there. I also ordered the gpu waterblock from them, it works excellently on my gf3 Ti500. If ya got the cash, this is the way to go, you get a great case and great watercooling components that you can't go wrong with. I recently built a bong for my setup, as the temps on my xp1800 were around 36 to 38c, being the perfectionist that i've always been, i built the bong and my temps are not above 33 or 34c at load. I've been able to overclock my system to over 1.7ghz so far, i've not got the luxury of increasing my ram voltage any more than it is at stock speeds, and that's what is holding me back so far. I've got the soyo dragon plus, and i love the board, but i think i'll pick up an epox 8kha+ and overclock with that, then get what benches i want and stuff, then i'll go back to the soyo for daily use. It's just so much better featurewise.

RE:

hey, for that kind of money, check out the Koolance system

and read the new review about it from TomsHardware

im waiting for my Koolance to arive

later

It looks nice...but you could probably put together a much nicer system with other parts...you could still get the same case for (I think) like 150, and then a really nice watercooling system for 200. You could also get a different case for like $50, PSU, and good watercooling for a bit less. I think that a full DangerDen setup (all copper, much better than that aluminium one that comes with that) would run about $150, not counting fans.

Oh yeah, and no matter what you do, don't forget the chickens. :D

RE:

i do agree

building a watercooling system you get bang for your buck

the Koolance is nice though,

and it is copper, at least the Cpu cooler

but, the only reason i recommended it was becasue i got the impression that he was looking for a pre-built cooling system

believe me, when i get the Koolance i will use some of there good ideas, but there will also be some major moding

i am in the process of putting a class together at my school

(University of Mary-Hardin Baylor) and its strickly going to be about thermal problems of computers

we will be using kryogenics to experimental liquids and pressure chambers to do some test on atmospheric pressures and stuff

i am in the process of getting Intel and Dell to help with funding

do you know anyone that would help donate or cut a great deal on supplies?

please let me know

thanks

trey

That sounds pretty sweet. :)

I'm not quite thinking tonight or I might have realized the prebuilt thing...I think that the koolance is decent for that (read the article by Joe on it :))...probably better than the aluminium one.

On your class...can I come to your college? Please? I'll donate a couple of my systems for experimentation...

Are you a prof there? Maybe you should look up Prescott (I can't remember his nick here, but he had a post about cryogenics) for help on that. :) K, found it. :)

Last edited:
RE:

thanks for the link, and

no, im not a prof, im just a senior in college

my professor used to work for Nasa where he did this type of stuff

the real fun is trying to use non-silicon based substances, ex. geranium, saphire crystal, this all do to molecular change in silicon and other parts due to extreme temps

my dad is also a engineer and has been recognized a one of the top mobile computing engineers in the world

so, i kind of get the benefit of the doubt everywhere

and he is going to let me use a few of his patents in thermal cooling and other stuff(has about 120 patents or so w\ over 100 still pending)

thats how i was able to put this class together

hopefully i can continue his work one day, but i doubt i will ever come close to what he has done,

even though everyone expects me too

if you want to join, come on

the more the better

ill keep everyone informed on the progress

my prof thinks i should also publish some articles after the class

that should look really good on the resume

temple huh?

i've been there MANY a time. spent 5 years in Ft Hood just up the road.

*shudder*

wasn't aware that mary-hardin had anything like what you're doing going on there - but on the other hand i thought it was an all girls school too so it shows what i know...

unless that is, you ARE a girl in which case it might seem i wasn't so dumb afterall...

how is it you're going about getting Intel and Dell to help with funding? i know Dell is just up the road and are known for such things, but intel?

RE:

well here is the deal,

right now i am talking to Intel and Dell, but without much result

so, now i'll just get my dad to do it for me, he just retired from Dell
after winning inventor of the year, so he has a little pull

he know Michael Dell very well and knows many others at Intel

it doesn't mean that they will do anything, but my dad said he's scratched there backs many times, and he has a few favors left to be filled

also, there is a guy who goes to the school and his dad is the head honcho at DELL reliability Labs in Round Rock

they do the same type of stuff that we are going to do, of course alot more also

and last but not least, Prof is going to conact buddies at NASA if everything falls through, man that would take care of everything

no, umhb is not a all girls school, although the ratio of girls to guys is about 7 to 1 < hell ya>

and, this is the 1st time UMHB has done anything like this

are you coming back to texas anytime soon?

if you are, you are more thatn welcomed to come by and see whats going on

i would imagine you could probably help us with things, non of us are experts at this stuff

the only thing that worries me is the economy, i don't know if a company can afford to donate a few thousand dollars 'lol'

well, i hope all goes well, that way:

1. it looks good on resume

2. i find out what works and what doesn't without footing the bill so i can then build something unbelievable

later

trey

everything in the overclockershideout case is copper, aside from the case, radiator, and reservoir. The cpu cooler is a copper base with an aluminum top, which is better anyhow, you don't get the tarnish effect from the aluminum top that you do with all copper, i hate that black smudgy looking stuff anyway. The maze waterblock and the z4 perform exactly the same for me, i have both. If you can't wait that long, go with the koolance, it's ugly IMO though. The Lian Li case is excellent. And if you want to get rid of watercooling, you can, just take all the components out and go back to aircooling. With Koolance you can take all the stuff out, but it still has that watercooling temperature thing that becomes nonfunctional then. I don't think you'll find the combination of these components separately for much less than what OCH charges.

Back