• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No Revolution from Nintendo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
why change the name, revolution sounds good to me. What else can they call it that would be a better name then revolution?

They always change the name. It's no big suprise. The Nintendo 64 was first called the ultra 64 and then the dolphin. The dreamcast was called something else too. Besides xbox and the psx it's been a going trend to do that with game systems.

Anybody want to wage a guess at what the name will be?

Here are my thoughts:
Gyro/Gyration
Move!
Freestyle
Unleashed

Gimmick names to relate to the controller is what my guesses are based on.

This thread is clean, and will henceforth remain clean. If I see one more fanboy post in this thread I swear to God and sonny Jesus that I will swing my banhammer and I guaran-damn-tee that the poster will not again post on this forum for two weeks.

I really, truly hope that I have made myself clear.

They should keep revolution it's a good name...knowing nintendo they always change it to something un creative....probably like super game cube :) xbox 360 should have left their beta name too what was it xenon I think? xbox 360 is uncreative too. Nintendo should try the cool image for once instead of the lavander cute box approach they always take. I'm excited for this to come out though whatever they call it.

Why would they change it? The next gameboy was supposed to be Evolution, to match with Revolution..

wtf nintendo

still, it's just a rumour

btw, N64 was Ultra64, and GCN was Dolphin. I don't think N64 was dolphin

SolidxSnake said:
Why would they change it? The next gameboy was supposed to be Evolution, to match with Revolution..

wtf nintendo

still, it's just a rumour

btw, N64 was Ultra64, and GCN was Dolphin. I don't think N64 was dolphin

That is correct with the code names.

Herm, I liked revolution.

If I get a not-really-revolution I'm going to still call it that, because I liked the name:) lol.

yea, we should call it revolution no matter what nintendo calls it, I wonder if we can get enouph people to do that so it actually becomes the name anyways.

Hey, it's RUMORED that the new name is

Nintendo Go

You heard it hear first folks, please hold back on the picures :clap:

Last edited:
that's believable, Rozal but dumb. "Go" to me suggests portability which afaik isn't a feature of the console formerly known as Revolution.

Back