• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

You have to pay rent in Final Fantasy 14??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
I ran across this article from PC Gamer at Yahoo.... I guess in this game, if you build a house and don't show up to in 45 days, it's automatically bulldozed? But, you can pay 'rent' and it will stay without logging in.......... or something?

I guess with the way the game was made/plays, it's limited real estate?

Years ago Ultima Online did this to keep people coming back and open up real estate. If a player didn't access their house for 30 days it would go into decay then a few weeks later fall. It was actually a fun "business" in the game to wait for the house to fall then grab the stuff inside that fell to the ground and place a house to sell.

The "rent" is the sub. You still have to log in and visit your house to reset the timer. No one else counts to reset the timer, it has to be the owner.

Years ago Ultima Online did this to keep people coming back and open up real estate. If a player didn't access their house for 30 days it would go into decay then a few weeks later fall. It was actually a fun "business" in the game to wait for the house to fall then grab the stuff inside that fell to the ground and place a house to sell.
I got an IDOC once, it was like 2AM. I was maybe 15 or 16. A retired Navy guy coached me on how to do it but said he didn't want to be awake for it. Gave me a deed too that I paid him back for over time. Someone else was faster but there was a rock in a weird place that blocked their placement and mine succeeded.

My buddy made thousands of IRL bucks with mining scripts on a private server selling gold.

Back