• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$500 to spend....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1twelve2

Heeeeey

im about to have $500 (USD) to spend on my rig. But i have no idea what to buy... Any suggestions?

AMD X2 4400+
Abit AN8-SLi
nVidia 7800GT OC (BFG)
Kingston HyperX 2x512 PC3200
Enermax 535w SLi PSU
Thermaltake Aquarius III Watercooling (CPU only)

Tom's mom goes for about $5.

Seriously though, you could pick up a 7900GT maybe or some better memory. Or, even just pick up another 7800GT OC.

hrmm... what kind of memory would you have in mind? 2Gb? and i havent seen a BFG 7800GT OC in a while... lol (maybe im not looking hard enough)

the best for you would be another 7800gt (about 300$ USD) and a pair of good 2X1gb ram (I suggest ocz platinum one, 198$ on newegg)

Buy another gig of ram and save the rest for a better videocard by the end of the year. Upgrading anything but the memory now will be a big freakin waste of money.

Well, I dig the 2GB OCZ Plats I just picked up from one of our fellow OCF'ers. Look for at least a gig set of OCZ Platinums EL Rev.2. Super tight timings and can hold those timings pretty far into overclocking.

Back