• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WoW 1.10 Patch thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Server Maintenance has been extended over 4 hours, and STILL NO Realms are back up.

After last weekends issues, I can respect them taking the time to "fix" the issues. But after last weekend, getting a 40man DC'd out of MC, and then massive ping spikes in a ZG run the next day....they better fix it or....or...nothing. They got me, and its like a chic you let walk all over you....it will never stop.

/rant

OcX said:
Server Maintenance has been extended over 4 hours, and STILL NO Realms are back up.

After last weekends issues, I can respect them taking the time to "fix" the issues. But after last weekend, getting a 40man DC'd out of MC, and then massive ping spikes in a ZG run the next day....they better fix it or....or...nothing. They got me, and its like a chic you let walk all over you....it will never stop.

/rant

I agree up until the or nothing :)

I sent them a ticket saying that I am gone...which I am shortly after I cancelled my account. If a few hundred thousand people quit over the horrible server performance than they might take notice.

I quit last month, glad I did. Their service and support sucks, hasn't changed since the game was released. I had to call them once for a billing issue they were nothing but rude.

Trust me, get away from the game for a few weeks and you feel so much better.

I will have had this game 3 months around April 20 something and I don't think I will renew. Plus, I've seen enough childish stuff to walk away and never return. From ninja's to grief/spam chat monkeys. I've been in almost every Guild in Dragonblight worth mentioning, and just now found one with people over 21 only, and run by people who are trustworthy.

Background: I don't even like RPG games, yet alone PvP games. I wanted to take a break from BF2, and UT2004.<--That rotation, takes a lot of stimulants to play at my expected peak performance, so I took a break. Plus, in Q3/Q4 2005 we were over-burdened by TOO many FPS titles, I just got burnt out...
----

I prefer BF2 or UT2004 for PVP. PVP in WoW is about as gay as the general chat on WoW Realms on Saturday....

/truth

I bought the gme and a six month sub. Played for two months and then stopped. I think I have like 3 months left. I might start playing again. I only stopped cause I got my 360 and things are busy at work. I really don't feel a need to play WoW, but I'm not sick of it either.

Update:

Blizzard attempted to bring the Realms up at 6:30pm PST, and brought them back down to apply a "Fix" to the patch. Its now 8:00pm PST and the servers are still down, and have been since 3:00am PST. For a grand total of 17 hours, so far....

:bang head

I've been off for a couple of months now. I've lost 10 pounds, my grades have come up, I have a complexion again, plus i'm saving $15 a month.
Like some of the other people said, get away from WoW.

well they credited us 1 day for messing everything up, which is the LEAST they could do.

also, apparently they changed the Chromaggus fight without putting it in the patch notes - now when you get the Time Lapse effect, your HP drops to 1 and once it's over, you're left with 50% HP. i havent gotten a chance to fight him since the patch, but im guessing if anyone has a DoT on them while time lapsed, they'll die.

i think it was last week, my guild did onyxia and chromaggus... with onyxia people got DC'd like crazy, and people couldn't rez or release, and with chromaggus, the BWL server dumped before we could loot, and the body was gone when it came back up.

last night we were supposed to do our weekly MC clearing, but couldnt even get 40 people on due to the login issues, combined with the fact that the servers kept getting shut down.

tonight hopefully they'll have everything sorted out... the people who can play during the day are getting most of the addons situated so we dont run into a bunch of errors when we get ingame

After seeing all the Holy priests running around AV, I think I'm going to roll one.

I also like the flight path thing.

Overall... I give it a 6/10, I'm not that impressed and I havn't seen any weather yet :-(

yeah... apparently 5 priests in a group could run through a full raid and kill most of them

all they have to do is holy nova (~300 holy damage per shot, times 5 priests, combined with the fact that it heals the ones taking damage) and they could roll through a group of opponents

im glad i have my Dragonbreath Hand Cannon (2.8spd) so i'm not affected by the multi- and aimed-shot nerf

hooray for 3-shotting mages!

Im glad the servers are down for so long so they can work issues out. My server, Silverhand is one of the oldest servers in the game, we don't get server transfers becuase we are still on the old style database, but this patch we get new hardware.

I was about to quit, but then I found a really good raiding group, im pretty sure im am one of the few people under 21 in the group, many of the people raid with their wives and the more mature discussion makes it a lot more fun.

Also every MMO ever has had server issues so as long as I can play most days im fine

I heard about the patch while I was at work. Being an I.T. guy myself, I just decided not to play last night. Anytime there is a major upgrade to a server I always leave myself a 24 hour cusion (sp?). Anyone that knows anything about upgrading computers should know to just stand back and give them the time they need. I'll probably jump on a little bit tonight though and give it a short run through.

/agree Lan272

It's the same thing every patch day. Servers are down longer than intended. If you've played WoW for any length of time, you ought to know this by now. Do something else for a day.

I was actually able to log in later last night and start working on my Tier 0.5 set on my Rogue. Good times, lots of farming going on in Winterspring. Makes my Rogue a happy skinner. :santa:

NewbiePerson said:
I've been off for a couple of months now. I've lost 10 pounds, my grades have come up, I have a complexion again, plus i'm saving $15 a month.
Like some of the other people said, get away from WoW.

yeah i hear ya man. i raided 6 nights a week for 7 months with 98% attendance. finally quit when my guild was on the twin emps. i have 30+ epics, 6/8 nightslayer, 7/8 bloodfang, CTS, BB, maladath, whoopidy doo. was such a huge waste of time. i cancelled my account and i'm never going back. life is so much better now without WoW. maybe i'm just an extreme case though. WoW was unhealthy for me so i had to get out.

I think that's where a lot of ppl get burned out. I'm just starting to raid, although my work schedule only allows me 30%'ish attendance. I'm thinking it's probably a blessing and a curse. I don't get all the phat loots I want, but I am spending a healthy time away from the game. /shrug

I can only play a couple hours a day, which I think is healthy. Though, if I didn't have work, I'd probably be a lost cause. lol

Holy priests beat my mage now. /cry

On another note, I couldn't log on yesterday so I actually went to bed at a reasonable time.

I like the new patch. The weather is really cool. I think overall Blizzard is doing a way better job than Sony. Star Wars Galaxies looks like a steaming pile of ***** comparred to WoW.

Back