• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEC 90GX2 For Gaming?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CreePinG_DeatH

Ok I am really debating the 90GX2 from newEgg with the $30 MIR that ends tomorrow. I'll be selling my NEW MultiSync FE2111 SB which is a REALLY nice monitor. I just can't handle the size. I am just worried about losing a lot of quality when I have the monitor up close to me.

Is this monitor pretty good for gaming based on your experiences?

I passed on the 204B for this monitor because I like the look of it better (the samsung is a very nice LCD though). I play CS:S, HL2, Madden, Quake 4

The smaller the pitch the better right? So the NCE looks nicer, but the 204b has slightly better performance?

The NEC seems a bit over priced. If it was around $350 it would probably be a pretty decent buy.

Personally, I like the glossy filter. I know it's all personal preference, but I feel like it makes the colors *pop* out. Everything just seems sharper. I know it's an "illusion," but it's a pleasant one.

It's mostly up to you as to what you think looks best. Keep your money in your wallet until you see something that really convinces you to buy it.

I paid $430 dollars for mine and it was worth the money in my opinion. Of course my decisions when buying things like this arent based on price really.

CreePinG_DeatH said:
Ok I am really debating the 90GX2 from newEgg with the $30 MIR that ends tomorrow. I'll be selling my NEW MultiSync FE2111 SB which is a REALLY nice monitor. I just can't handle the size. I am just worried about losing a lot of quality when I have the monitor up close to me.

Is this monitor pretty good for gaming based on your experiences?

You will be disapointed with any LCD sitting next to a NEC FE2111 especially when it comes to gaming performance / black levels, just be sure you buy it from somewhere that allows returns / refunds.

I did the same thing and bought an LCD but man was it a huge disapointment sitting next to my FW900.

Dont buy into the hype if you've already got a perfectly working CRT.

nec 90gx2

i bought yesterday this beautifull flat screen, and i wanna say just one thing!If you like the high-glossy screen, than, go and buy it tomorrow!the colors are unbelieveble, and game like...the elder scrolls-oblivion- or toca race driver 3-are...fantastic...believe me!But that's my opinion...!anyway, i know, the price it' s a bit hight,but, don't esitate if you like glossy screen!ciaoooooooooooooo
...from italy

I'll have to go to Best Buy this weekend and start taking a look. Right now it doesn't make sense to buy and LCD when I am moving home in a few weeks.

are 2 days that i have my new nec 90gx2....and i m very very happy!i m playing oblivion...and the game looks like..a new beautifull game!

I dont understand why more people havent gone with the 90gx2. its a little more expensive than some of the other LCD's with similar specs but its worth the extra money in my opinion

JRW said:
You will be disapointed with any LCD sitting next to a NEC FE2111 especially when it comes to gaming performance / black levels, just be sure you buy it from somewhere that allows returns / refunds.

I did the same thing and bought an LCD but man was it a huge disapointment sitting next to my FW900.

Dont buy into the hype if you've already got a perfectly working CRT.

Dude, just about ANYTHING will look like crap next to a FW900 lol.

I like that LCD, seen it a few times at the store, played Quake 4 on it once, very nice refresh time, and colors are much better then most LCD's

shard said:
Dude, just about ANYTHING will look like crap next to a FW900 lol.

I like that LCD, seen it a few times at the store, played Quake 4 on it once, very nice refresh time, and colors are much better then most LCD's

Im sure its nice but my point was he already has a great CRT ,Why would he want to lose overall quality? Most people that claim LCDs are so much better than CRT have never actually used a high end CRT before.

But dont take my word for it ..read this recent review of the 90XG2. The poor black level rating alone would keep me away from this LCD.

JRW said:
Im sure its nice but my point was he already has a great CRT ,Why would he want to lose overall quality? Most people that claim LCDs are so much better than CRT have never actually used a high end CRT before.

But dont take my word for it ..read this recent review of the 90XG2. The poor black level rating alone would keep me away from this LCD.

Trust me, I wont be buying an LCD anytime soon. I like my high speed refresh rates, and great color, even on my cheap trinitron :D

Back