• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Upgrade Finally HERE!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

satandole666

Well, I bought some new stuff to replace the old stuff in my sig. Check it out:

Opteron 165 (CCBWE 0604TPMW)
XP-90c
DFI Ultra D
ATI All In Wonder X1800

I'm putting it together this weekend. Since I don't have a ton of time to peruse the forums, anything I absolutely need to know before I put this badboy together? Also, I've read alot about steppings and this one seems familiar to me, its one of the better ones...right? Thanks.

whats your experience with putting computers together? if you've done it before, you should be fine. be sure to hook up all 4 power connectors on the ultra-d for better stability. i suggest going to dfi street for better info on putting dfi systems together. also make sure you seat the cpu properly, and apply TIM properly. you can read the artic silver site for directions. leave OC settings stock when installing windows, as an unstable oc will not install the os properly. also pray that your board has a DC bios already installed. mine did, so you might be ok. if not get a friend with a 939 single core to help you. other than all that you should be fine.

I have enough experience putting comps together to get by (built about 5-6 comps total, not including rebuilds).

Everything has gone great so far except 2 minor problems:

#1 The DFI Lanparty splash screen seems to be corrupted, but the rest of my display in windows and everything is fine.

#2 RAM timings are a little...well...odd. 2-3-2-15-22 according to CPU-Z. I'll mess with the bios a bit and see if I can get it all straightened out.

Any help welcome fixing these 2 things :)

Back