• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[H]orde Schedualed to fall

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
maybe we can get an article put on the front-page about folding...using as a stress test, and benefits and such...maybe also about "increasing production" and such...

what we need to have a chance at catchup (?sp ketchup) is to get our website up an runnin so we can catch new members that we can teach how to oc and borg.

What is the status on the site?Who is in charge of it? Do we have hosting picked out yet? Can the Colts get some good draft pics? Where can I view what has been finished so far?

The fron page article around christmas or new years is what made me start folding so that would probably be a good way to go.(I know people already said that, but I was just pointing out that it really did some good :p )

Well then lets get an article together ... gotta do something till the site is together.

@David a thought also .. rather than leaving a link on the overclockers.com to our dead server site, can we get it replaced with a link this this forum? Possibly also a reference to here from the article?

I am sure that having the 'dead' link there causes us to lose a lot of folks that might otherwize join us here.

dz_jad said:
maybe we can get an article put on the front-page about folding...using as a stress test, and benefits and such...maybe also about "increasing production" and such...
We like accurate results, please do not use F@H as a stress test. That's what Prime95 is for. :)

I wrote a paper about folding and IIRC it's languishing somewhere at the bottom of the forum. If not, I'd like to see it become a FPA.

OCAU will drop off somewhat over the next week or so. Whilst being Easter holidays, it's also school holidays for most states in OZ as well. If you check out a few of the main folders at OCAU you'll see a corresponding drop in their production.

Never fear though, as we go into our winter we will grab back the ducky. I hope by end of winter. I just wish winter came to my state so i could OC more.

Auslander said:
OCAU will drop off somewhat over the next week or so. Whilst being Easter holidays, it's also school holidays for most states in OZ as well. If you check out a few of the main folders at OCAU you'll see a corresponding drop in their production.

Never fear though, as we go into our winter we will grab back the ducky. I hope by end of winter. I just wish winter came to my state so i could OC more.

You really think that the temperature will allow you to win?

I've asked my fellow gamers to contribute to Folding@Home. I've had one positive answer, and three thousand lame excuses, which is ****ing me off somewhat. There is no converting some people...

Still, I may soon have my first borg! :)

zoobler said:
You really think that the temperature will allow you to win?

Yeah sure do.. has for the last 4 years. As the seasons change from north to south, the lead swaps. I don't think this year will be any different. As the north has summer and holidays we down here have winter and no holidays. A large % of OZ has a cool winter by north america standards. But a good % of OZ has no winter at all. Unlike north america, this doesn't help obviously.

This and the fact, that you have various teams from NA, keep us in the hunt. If all the NA teams joined up, we wouldn't even be close. Whilst the vast majority in OZ fold for just 1 team, OCAU. I used to fold for a separate team to OCAU, 2 years ago, but saw the main Aussie team was in need and decided to change over. A lot of smaller teams in OZ did this for the greater good.

It's become a bit of a tradition that the lead swaps over as each team comes into their winter.

Plus our summer's are ****load hotter than NA's summers. I was in Canada and the US last year during their summer. and was like early spring to me. I was the one with a jumper and long strides on. Some of the locals (in Canada especially) thought i was crackers. But to me it was cold.

Plus keep in mind PC cooling isn't made for fairdink hot weather.. it's made for EU, CA/US and Jap temps. And their summers are not really hot at all.

Last edited:
man you aussies use too much slang, I didnt understand a couple paragraphs.....
I met someone who spent 2 years there.....came back with a ton of slang.

Canada really doesnt get hot from what I've thought....Its in the 80's in Vegas on and off the past week or two.

Back