• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP-90C and DFI Ultra-D Compatibility question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mooreswhat

Hello,

Originally I was going to go for an Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro but with the Ultra-D it would be mounted to the fan either blows on the video card or the top of the case. I realise I could change the fans side but it has these little fins that blow air down and they wouldnt work if I changed the fans side. Anyways I think I will get an XP-90C Instead.

I have one questions about the XP-90C and my Ultra-D Mobo. As you can see in this picture the XP-90C overhangs the first two dimms

xp90c24.jpg

The guy from this review said it was fine for him but people with very tall memory modules such as Corsair's Xpert series would have a problem. I have Crucial Ballistix PC3200 and I use the 2 orange slots. I wanted to know if Crucial Ballistix will fit in there or are they considered tall ram?

Thanks

no they will fit! Let me find a pic of my ol ultra-d, xp-90c, ocz vx fill good. and Corsair Expert is CRAP compelte garbage so dont worry about tall gay ram.

EDIT: Here's my old setup(very old)

adamcomp001medium1jt.jpg

Ok thanks a lot. Do you recomend the XP-90C? Was it a good HS for overclocking?

The XP90C is a first rate heatsink for overclocking. I suggest using a Delta 3 Speed fan with it. You can check them out at Sidewindercomputers.com.

Back