• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VCORE +OVERVOLTING CPU "ENABLED"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pointofview_365

Registered
well it would seem simple enough!!! Why cant I set the vcore and overvolting to ENABLED and get a VCORE of higher than 1.66v...If the settings for the VCORE go has high as 1.56v and the OVERVOLTING CPU ENABLED of .200mv=1.76VCORE...Have I missed something here!!! I've spoken with ASUS, NVIDIA from CALF to INDIA, no one knows or advises...I'm 40, I know how to waste my money...Oh, I also uninstalled AIBooster with no help...If you set the VDIMM higher than 3.00 it doesn't show up on AIBooster but it still clocks at the set VDIMM, thought maybe AIBooster was limting my VCORE to 1.4625 with OVERCLOCKING CPU "ENABLED" for ASUS's benefit...Everything shows the VCORE no higher than 1.66 at any point under any load...Any thoughts besides the "We don't advise overclocking the CPU"???

I remember I read somewhere that A8N32-SLI has some problems overvolting CPU. Example A8R32-MVP overvolts vcore ~0.09V-0.1V from what you've selected, so 1.400V is 1.490, 1.450 is 1.540-1.550, etc. Looks to me that case is exactly same here too. If you have a DMM measure it to be sure :)

It's just not taking the setting with the OVERVOLT CPU ENABLED...Anything higher than 1.46VCORE with Overvolting enabled doesn't register with any program even cpu-z shows it no higher than 1.66v idle...I PRIMED all thru the night to have this OC fail...Just a tiny bit more juice will take care of that unstablized attitude...I've been at it for 2 days troubleshooting the failure...It needs VCORE...

Seems weird, did you try any other bioses there's available?

Just for that if bios, cpu-z, or anything program doesn't detect the voltage change which may happen when you use the overvolt for cpu enabled, try to measure vcore if you have multimeter to see how much you're feeding. Software readings are very unreliable if you haven't checked it first with DMM.

It has something to do with that asus board... It caps your voltage depending on what chip you have, I think 1.65 is max for single core and 1.6 for dual. That board likes to do things it's own way and does not always accept the settings that you enter.

Back