• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The heatsinkfactory.com sux....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M Diddy

Well, long story short, I purchased 2 VF900's for my x1900's on pre-order and they showed up a day after Ranger found out just how bad they perform on these cards. I set up and RMA to return both NEW, UNUSED items for a refund and they said sure! Well, they got them yesterday, and charged me a 15% restocking fee ($23.00) for 2 BRAND NEW items! I personally have never heard of that and think it's a bunch of BS, but that's just me.....

Just wanted to vent....

I could unserstand on something like a CPU or high dollar item that was used, but two unopened, unused sinks???

It's standard industry practice. Maybe next time you will read the terms at a vendor's site on RMA'ing non-defective products. Just chaulk it up as a lesson learned.....

you should've sold them on these forums

you'll lose less money
and people here will get a deal

As said above, it is standard practice for new items to be charged a restocking fee.

The only time you won't be is if the product is defective from anything not your fault.

jezus dont get your panties in a bunch for something you skrewed up on... should have waited for reviews on your card... or done a little research...

and as everyone has said b 4 ITS INDUSTRY STANDARD to charge restocking fee.

Pluss i bought my SI-120 from the heatsinkfactory, it got here in perfect condition, in a very quick mannor, and was VERY VERY cheap compared to newegg, xoxide...

techun said:
you should've sold them on these forums

you'll lose less money
and people here will get a deal

He did have them listed...I don't think anyone was interested at the time.

Back