• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Celly 346 + Biostar P4M80-M7A $59 AR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ohiosurfer said:
I'm not trying to start a war, but which CPU would perform better at stock speeds... this celeron 346 or the sempron 3100+ also listed here in cyber deals

i would liek to know too cause i am thinking FOLDING FARM :rolleyes:

Anyone have these folding already? I'd be down for four layers as long as the four would be good for close to 1k ppd...

ohiosurfer said:
I'm not trying to start a war, but which CPU would perform better at stock speeds... this celeron 346 or the sempron 3100+ also listed here in cyber deals

At stock speeds the celly combo is a slightly better performer. See these benchmark results That test compares a Sempron 3200+ vs. a Celeron 346. The difference varied depending on the task, but for the most part it was quite small (-1% to 7%). Only during encoding did the celly really outshine the sempy, gaining a 21% edge. I don't think there's really a huge gap between the Outpost combo and this one either way.

However, it's worth noting that the 3100+ sempy combo is an easy OC to 2.25Ghz at stock voltage and one can go even higher with clockgen, while this celly combo will not OC much. So after OC the sempron will pretty much own the celeron.

Back