• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Staples 20th Aniversary Event

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Silversinksam said:
Target has that same deal everyday ;) Two 10 ounce cans for $4.99

But not w/ free shipping :santa:

Plus my dad said Target doesnt support veteran's so we dont shop there.

okay, so staples has the windows xp home upgrade edition for $99-50 rebate, which makes it $49 AR. is it possible to price match to compusa, $89 in the ad this week, and get the 50 rebate, so it'll be $39 AR?

XvDarkyvX said:
okay, so staples has the windows xp home upgrade edition for $99-50 rebate, which makes it $49 AR. is it possible to price match to compusa, $89 in the ad this week, and get the 50 rebate, so it'll be $39 AR?

No staples won't pricematch that. Since there rebate makes it cheaper, they will not price match it.

Nathan0490 said:
But not w/ free shipping :santa:

Plus my dad said Target doesnt support veteran's so we dont shop there.

Because they don't offer a Vet. discount, they don't support vets?

Back on topic...some good looking deals on there, thx for the heads up =)

Sorry to take this off topic, However I must respond in defense of my employer, I work at the Target distibution center here in Indianapolis. Target does indeed support veterans. We had several guard members who were called into duty in the past couple of years, Target went above and beyond what is required by the law in regard to supporting veterans in the workforce, They made up the difference in what the guard paid the emloyee while on active duty and what their normal paycheck would have been at Target, They were not legally required to do so. At our D.C. we have a dinner once a year for team members who served in the armed forces.
The story that originally ran was taken completely out of context, I could bore you with all the details, However the fact is that Target does indeed support our men and women in the armed forces and I hope no one is lead astray from shopping at Target because of misinformation.

ScottinIndy said:
I hope no one is lead astray from shopping at Target because of misinformation.

Don't you know? If information came to you as part of a FWD in your e-mail box, it MUST be true. ;) ;)

As far as that desk hammer goes, that is a pretty nice deal. Are these availible in store too? or just a net thing?

I've always printed stuff out that says online only, and usually the local store will give you the same price.

tech9 said:
I've always printed stuff out that says online only, and usually the local store will give you the same price.
If not cheaper prices though. One time I tried to buy a zip drive from staples, it was only $25 up front for a SanDisk Cruzer 512MB Micro before $12 MIR. They were out of stock so they printed the UPC off the internet. With some previous research before going to the store, I made sure to spot this and point it out to a manager. Luckily he fixed it and I got the right price. Just be on alert for that.

Back