• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My soon to be setup with 9NPA+Ultra

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kraven

mobo: 9NPA+Ultra
CPU: 144 Opty
RAM: OCZ 4000 Gold
HDD: 34gb Raptor
GPU: modded x800gto2

I'm wondering if all this is going to work together. I haven't seen anyone with this mobo and a Raptor and I'm worried about the required voltage for my RAM. Think it's all going to work or should I get a booster + other stuff?

you shouldn't need more than 3.2v for that ram ;) everything will work fine so have no worries.

i don't see my board specifically on the list. i guess i should email OCZ and ask directly.

I suggest you go without the booster first as they generate a lot of heat for voltage you may not need. The rig looks good. :beer:

thanks rseven. the mobo info says that it provides 3.1v to the DIMMs but i read somewhere that it can go with 3.2v with the latest BIOS. i'm under the impressoin that this ram i have needs 3.2v at stock to run stable but i think they'll be underclocked so here's hoping. waiting on getting a monitor, graphics card, and a floppy drive so i can flash the bios before setting everything up.

oh and the stepping on this chip is a CAB1E. known to be good?

kraven said:
thanks rseven. the mobo info says that it provides 3.1v to the DIMMs but i read somewhere that it can go with 3.2v with the latest BIOS. i'm under the impressoin that this ram i have needs 3.2v at stock to run stable but i think they'll be underclocked so here's hoping. waiting on getting a monitor, graphics card, and a floppy drive so i can flash the bios before setting everything up.
Yes, that maximum vcore was increased with the bios update, which I believe came out in December. The most recent bios added 183 and 150 ram dividers. One of the really nice things Epox does is make real improvements with their bios versions.

Back