• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston will soon release 1G 2-2-2-5 sticks!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
"Tested for optimum performance on ASUS® P4C800-Deluxe, Abit® NF7-S and DFI® LanParty UT NF4 SLI-DR"

Kind of an interesting bunch of motherboards they chose there. So what are they using? Samsung based or Winbond based stuff?

-Collin-

My bet goes that these are newest CE-6 revision of Infenion cause they are the only one capable of doing those timings and as I remember I recall seeing some people doing 200MHz+ with 2-2-2 timngs on their 2GB kits (Infenion CE-6) that are binned at DDR500.

Anyone believes "DDR is dead" must be kidding him/herself.
DDR is here to stay and improve to newer hights. DDR2 "was" known to be low voltage, but lately we see them over 2.2v for higher grade modules.

Sentential said:
Thats definatly not CE6 most likely its a Micron strain of sorts or perhaps something else.

Sen these are DDR we are talking about and since when did Micron get back in the game, did I miss something :shrug:

Only 1GB IC's out there that I know of that are capable of doing those timings are Infenion since we all know that Samsung or Micron (at least 5BD's) can't pull it off and I know this cause I tried it.

If u know something that we don't cause you feel us in :p

ochungry said:
Anyone believes "DDR is dead" must be kidding him/herself.
DDR is here to stay and improve to newer hights. DDR2 "was" known to be low voltage, but lately we see them over 2.2v for higher grade modules.
Well, OC, it's not dead, but it is using a respirator. :)

It's still got some life left in it...... considering some people just can let go of their old XP systems, DDR1 will be here for awhile. I'd like to see some numbers with a 2G set running 2-2-2-5 timings. I also wonder how fast 3-4-4-8 timing memory would have to go to match 2-2-2-5 memory at 200Mhz?

if all goes well...i should be getting a set of this to test out. ill be sure to tell you guys what IC's this uses...i have a feeling its -5b D, as -5b F cant run 2-2-2, and infenion or Samsung sure as hell cant run 2-2-2...2-3-2 is about where Inf tops out, Samsung tops out much higher.

and ddr500 3-4-4 should be comperable to ddr400 2-2-2. i know ddr600 3-4-4 kicks the crap outta ddr400 2-2-2 at same cpu speed (1.8ghz.)

RedDragonXXX said:
Sen these are DDR we are talking about and since when did Micron get back in the game, did I miss something :shrug:

Only 1GB IC's out there that I know of that are capable of doing those timings are Infenion since we all know that Samsung or Micron (at least 5BD's) can't pull it off and I know this cause I tried it.

If u know something that we don't cause you feel us in :p
I remember reading somewhere that all XBLK's serries of PDP are samsungs. The 1gig modules are something like CCCx types.

Super Nade said:
Any results? Houserat, did you buy them?
nah...... ccuabide is gonna test some out soon. I'll wait to see what happens before I jump on them. I figure if they can get to about 220Mhz with those tight timings they'll be better than most other types of 1Gb memory.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
if all goes well...i should be getting a set of this to test out. ill be sure to tell you guys what IC's this uses...i have a feeling its -5b D, as -5b F cant run 2-2-2, and infenion or Samsung sure as hell cant run 2-2-2...2-3-2 is about where Inf tops out, Samsung tops out much higher.

and ddr500 3-4-4 should be comperable to ddr400 2-2-2. i know ddr600 3-4-4 kicks the crap outta ddr400 2-2-2 at same cpu speed (1.8ghz.)

5BD's cant do 2.5 CAS, let alone 2. When I had my set I tried to run at 2.5-3-3 at DDR400 and it wouldn't even boot at max Vdimm.

I'll try to search the XS forums but I remember a guy over there running Infenions at 2-2-2 at 200MHz+.

And once again since when is Micron shipping DDR IC's out and letting other manf use them but themselves and as far as I know they have been discontinued due to high faliure rate and F revisons were just, simply put crap.

You mean 512MB 5B-G's?

If yes that is nothing strange cause I know tons of people that had theirs running at 2-2-2. I just don't see 1GB 5-BD's doing 2-2-2 at 200MHz, but I'm looking forward to seeing what these are.

Let us know soon as you get them :beer:

RedDragonXXX said:
You mean 512MB 5B-G's?

If yes that is nothing strange cause I know tons of people that had theirs running at 2-2-2. I just don't see 1GB 5-BD's doing 2-2-2 at 200MHz, but I'm looking forward to seeing what these are.

Let us know soon as you get them :beer:

i had 512mb D's...single sided...i would know cause i RMA'd them for double sided. also...sometime next week i should have them. They are infenion FBGA, and clock pretty poorly, but for stock...perfecto. but stock isnt good for me.

i have a pair of these 2,2,2,5 kingston 1gb hyperx sticks...got them from Monarch...

they WILL NOT boot into windows (nor pass memtest86) at cas 2,2,2,5 -1T timings until you drop the fsb down well below 200mhz...

i called Monarch about this and asked if i could RMA them for another pair, but only if they tested the pair and confirmed they could boot into windows in dual channel at 2,2,2,5 1T timings...

Monarch was great, they checked several sets of the RAM at those tight timings on several AMD boards (including my asus a8n32-sli) and they also found that they can not boot into windows at those tight timings at 200mhz...

i am currently using them at 2,3,2,6 1T timings at 209mhz and they seem ok...but they will not work at 2,2,2,6 1T...even at 3v!

Monarch has said they are sending all of this RAM back to Kingston

Back