• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HP 1000t = HOT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dvandervelde

I picked up a DV1000t (DV1600 series in Canada) with a buddy. We got it started and up and running. This thing runs HOT. I mean, it was so hot on the left side that you can't have it on your lap without burning you b@lls. At one point, the CPU temp was 81c.

So I took it appart (I know, voids warranty), and found that there was NO thermal paste between the CPU and Heatpipe. I tossed some AS5 on there, made a firm seatting, and the temps have dropped 10c. Then I undervolted the CPU with RMClock, and dropped the temps another 8c.

Its still a warm machine (and its fan is loud), expecially compared to my ASUS. But idling at 55c and load at 65c is much better than before.

My buddy is happy. I'm just glad its not my compute

81C and burning your lap? Doesn't this model come with a Yonah proc? Personally I would have returned it instead of trying to fix it. :confused:

Back