• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Normal P5WD2 vmods?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Epox4life said:
I need to know if the P5WD2-E mods will work with my regular P5WD2.

Pox, I know the Vdroop and Vdimm mods are the same. I think boards are the same except for component and BIOS changes giving more range for BIOS settings. That and of course the difference in 955 and 975 MCH controllers.

Anyone want to share some results on the regular/plain P5WD2?

I'm about to hardmod this regular P5WD2. I need to buy some pots and stuff before my local shop closes.

Im trying the pencil mod as we speak, so far it boosts my vcore from 1.68 to 1.712 when i set vcore @ 1.6,
seeing how it effects the droop.

Epox4life said:
Im trying the pencil mod as we speak, so far it boosts my vcore from 1.68 to 1.712 when i set vcore @ 1.6,
seeing how it effects the droop.

on mine, with the pencil mod.

Bios set at 1.3, i get actual of 1.4 using VMM. no droop to report.

Jame Gumb said:
Are you measuring through that mosfets leg? Is the measure point on the same mosfet on all the P5WD2 boards?

thanks

yup thats what ive used, just becareful not to slip with the VMM and short something

OMG YES! the old max I use to see vcore was 1.78, now its 1.808! With no droop.
PS. using a vapochill LS right now.

i really hope they fix these boards when they come out with the new conroe revisions.

i dont have the tools to do this stuff....

ludeboy12 said:
i really hope they fix these boards when they come out with the new conroe revisions.

i dont have the tools to do this stuff....

all u need is a simple pencil :)

Firk......... I just dropped my hot iorn on the carpet, and due to the heat it broke off and flipped somewhere across the room. I just found it melted into my new damn carpet.

I have to go buy a new needle now.

Good job guys, however I think we need to post some better pics than the stilt's.

ugh...a bunch of mods i've seen for these boards use wires and resistors or what not...

i dont think you can do all the mods with just a pencil

Back