• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLI inconsistant

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

danimbk

Registered
Hey,
Alright, my sig says what I got. Had to give up 1GHz by switching to the SLI mobo that doesn't oc very well. (used to have P5WD2-P @ 5.1Ghz w/ vapochill). Now that I have 2 7900GTX cards in SLI I figured my frame rates would be through the roof. But in 3dmark05-06 they are much lower then when I had 1 card with that faster CPU(11K vice 14K for 05 & 8K vice 8.5K for 06). But in 3dMark03 I got 35,016 wich is way higher then I ever got with one card. So why does it only work for some programs but not others?
All drivers are up to date, including Mobo's chipset. SLI is enabled and both cards get hot when under load. Besides the futuremark benches I also ran F.E.A.R. which seemed to give slightly better frame rates then one card but nothing like you would expect from a SECOND card. Anybody think I may be doing something wrong?
(Also, if anyone knows how to get this mobo to OC better I would appreciate it)

It will make a differnece. I had to disable vsync and it opened up at full throttle then. For some reason vsync was actually reducing my fps and I'm not talking about 60fps either.

Back