• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

rechargable batteries for cordless mouse

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eobard

Give me a break Senior
Anyone got any good recommendations for rechargable batteries for a cordless mouse? Any brands I should avoid? The mouse in question is a low-end Logitech.

Rayovac 15 minute rechargable batteries- I use them in my digicam and keyboard. Should work fine in your mouse.

I'll probably buy local but would I be better to go with NiCad or NiMH?

argh i deleted something perfect for you when i was spring cleaning my bookmarks...

there was this rechargeable battery roundup a guy did a few years back. he tested many many brands and sizes, and found most manufacturers were pretty shady about their numbers (for mAh ratings)... but iirc, the energizer 3200mAh AA's were the best he tested in the AA class (as far as meeting the manufacturer's claims).

as for nickel cadium vs. nickel metalhydride...

here's a highlight from the article in parenthesis:

Advantages of NIMH over NICAD
1. Same weight NiMH will have 1.5 to 3 times the capacity of a Nicad.
2. Same capacity NIMH will come in a much smaller lighter package.
3. No memory worries.

Advantages of NICAD over NIMH
1. Nicads can "dump" their power quicker. Thus, they "can be" better ultra high drain applications like electric motor power packs. Note, were talking about dumping a pack in 20 minutes or less here, not RX and servo loads.
2. More tolerant of abusive overcharge.
3. Your current quick charger will charge it for sure.
(http://members.aol.com/davthacker/nimhfaq.htm)

it basically depends on the application. For your mouse...well i used nimh for awhile with no issues with logitech's first cordless mouse (used 2 AA's). Never really considered seeking nicad AA's though...

hope that helps ;)

Back