• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which is best out of these 3.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nandro

Disabled
I have these 3 PSU's I am going to keep 1 and sell the other 2. Please let me know which 1 you recommend keeping. I dont think any are crossfire ready, but whatever is best for the time being would be great. I am going to be building a highly overclocked Intel D805 system with 1 videocard, then eventually go crossfire. I imagine I will have to get a better PSU for that. So which is best? I think the coolmax, but have heard the antec true blue's are very god as well.

1. Coolmax cr-500B
http://www.bjorn3d.com/read_pf.php?cID=688

2. Antec True Blue 480 (its about 2 years old so its not the newer ones that are sli ready)

3. Vantec VAN-420 A
http://www.xpcgear.com/vanstelth420.html

I assume it will be either the coolmax or antec that I should keep. As soon as I know I am putting the others in the for sale forum. I am excited about building my forst Intel rig since my PIII 500.

None, look at Seasonic or Fortron for starters.

(Well out of those three I would pick the Antec but it's used.)

I have all 3 of these in my possesion right now. My question was which one to keep untill I could get a better one. If I sell them all, I wont have one to power my PC, do you see what I am getting at? I just need to know which one of these I should hold on to untill I get enough to upgrade. When I sell the other 2 I will use the funds towards ram and a MB because going from AMD to Intel there is not much I can use in the switch. I need new mem, and new MB, so all I really can keep are my drives and a PSU.

sry, i meant 'ditto', keep the Antec.

maybe also use all of them in the system, check the rails, see how they perform, and the make your decision off that. but, if you don't what to do that, stick with the Antec.

an exact quote pulled from Know Nuttin, our PSU guru:
Fortron AX500-A is not a 500w PSU, it's actually a 460w unit

and according to page 5 of the tech specs, it is a 460w PSU :)

Last edited:
it really doesnt matter if it's 460 or 500 watts
i hate people "making sure" everybody knows, just because they know some trivial trivia noone else cares about

antec ftw in this case

Back