• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ryzen 5 7600X RAM Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dorito Bandit

Hello!

I'm in the process of building a new computer. I have a Ryzen 5 7600X and an ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming motherboard on the way, and now looking to get some quality RAM for my build, and have some questions for you. I have decided I will go with 32GB of G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO Series RAM, but which kit, I am unsure. This build will be primarily used for gaming and for my photography work, that's why I am going with 32GB.

Should I go with faster and higher CL RAM, or go with slower RAM with lower CL?

Below are the two kits I am looking at. And would I even notice much of a difference between these two in real-world usage? Just trying to make the best decision before buying. And RAM is way too expensive right now! Help me out RAM experts!

G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO Series (AMD Expo) 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin SDRAM DDR5 6000 CL30-38-38-96

G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO Series (AMD Expo) 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin SDRAM DDR5 5600 CL28-34-34-89

Are those good kits, or do you have a better recommendation? I'm all ears. I mean eyes! :p

Thanks for your help! Much appreciated!

6000 will be faster, but in the end, it doesn't matter much. AMD recommends 6000, the highest widely available clock is 6400. There are some performance gains going from anything below 6000 to 6000 and higher, but you probably won't see the difference. In games, it's like 1-2% faster. Some specific titles may use RAM better, but most won't.

6000 will be faster, but in the end, it doesn't matter much. AMD recommends 6000, the highest widely available clock is 6400. There are some performance gains going from anything below 6000 to 6000 and higher, but you probably won't see the difference. In games, it's like 1-2% faster. Some specific titles may use RAM better, but most won't.
Thanks for your time, Woomack. I truly appreciate your help.

I would probably put AMD into my daily/gaming PC, but there is no good ITX motherboard for AM5 (there are barely any), so I keep it for tests and reviews right now. I'm not a fan of ASUS's recent ideas with external audio as, really, who wishes to have an additional box on a cable when wants an SFF to save space?
The good side of AMD is that you can max it out with cheaper memory kits, and all Samsung and Hynix IC will reach DDR5-6400. These G.Skill EXPO kits are supposed to use Hynix IC, so we can count on the same as on 6400 CL32 kits.

I would probably put AMD into my daily/gaming PC, but there is no good ITX motherboard for AM5 (there are barely any), so I keep it for tests and reviews right now. I'm not a fan of ASUS's recent ideas with external audio as, really, who wishes to have an additional box on a cable when wants an SFF to save space?
The good side of AMD is that you can max it out with cheaper memory kits, and all Samsung and Hynix IC will reach DDR5-6400. These G.Skill EXPO kits are supposed to use Hynix IC, so we can count on the same as on 6400 CL32 kits.
Thanks again, Woomack! Your helpful knowledge is always appreciated.

Back