• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats wrong?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

perfectturmoil

So after fighting to get my computer back on after it got really hot in a really hot room with poor airflow, I couldn't get video. Eventually that came back and I had some bios checksum errors. After I got over those, I tried to reinstall windows. It keeps on freezing while its loading up the installer.. You know, its got that blue screen and it keeps trying to load up like.. drivers, the hal, etc.

I can't get past that part.. What might be busted? Motherboard?

ok, you probably got bad RAM but try a few things first. take the battery out of your motherboard, buy 2 cans of that dust off spray (wal-mart is cheapest) pop the top off your power supply and blow out all dust, then blow out CPU heat sink and video card heat sink, chipset heatsink and case, then reinstall battery and try to boot with the cover off the case. If that don't work try a new power supply, if it still don't work try replacing the RAM

ok, you probably got bad RAM but try a few things first. take the battery out of your motherboard, buy 2 cans of that dust off spray (wal-mart is cheapest) pop the top off your power supply and blow out all dust, then blow out CPU heat sink and video card heat sink, chipset heatsink and case, then reinstall battery and try to boot with the cover off the case. If that don't work try a new power supply, if it still don't work try replacing the RAM

Did you resolve your problem? If not, try running with the case open. Disconnect all cards except the video. Remove all but one stick of ram. Remove all but one hard drive and one CD rom. Does it still freeze? If yes, try borrowing a hard drive and substitute it for your current one. Does it still freeze? If yes, keep substituting parts. Also, try using a house fan blowing into the case.

It sounds like one of your parts went south

Back