• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CS:S Help needed-again!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shadowhawk109

Hey all!

Sorry to keep doing this to ya, but I need help AGAIN!

When playing CS:S, my latency never goes under 5. Is this normal? My game gets all laggy at times, even though I'm not connected on a network or anything. Just me playing on my own with rediculous lag.

Also, my LAN at home is only running at 10 mbps-how do I configure it for 100 mbps...it used to run at 100 and all of a sudden it wont. I would have posted this part in the Networking thread, but I really didnt want to have to create YET ANOTHER new thread.

Please help!

console try
rate 25000
cl_cmdrate 30
cl_updaterate 20

thats default see if it fixes it

i know theres a trick you do with the cmdrate to make u have a 5 all the time, and a 1 when u reconnect but try that

If you are using the rig in your signature, I highly doubt it has to do with rates. I don't know how you expect to play it on a geforce4 MX, but that's a different matter. My ping is usually like 8-10 in source lans, there's really nothing wrong with that. You said you aren't connected to a network or anything, but you are connectedat 10mbps? But that shouldn't really matter, I highly doubt a lan game would use over 10mbps.

I hate my GeForce 4 MX 4000...makes Unreal 2K4 a cruel abortion of graphics...

BUT I don't see how that would affect lag-the game runs fine on some levels...I only truely noticed the lag on Inferno, for all of a couple seconds, always at the same point in the level.

Back