• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP MCP Test

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Parkins8

Registered
I am getting ready to take the Windows XP (Installing, Configuring, and Administering) MCP test on Thursday. First, does anyone have any tips - suggestions for the test at all? Second, I know there are a lot of testing centers for this test in Columbus, OH, does anyone know of a good one?

Thanks All!

JP

I have a step-uncle who took the MCSE for networking, he took the test twice. If you fail the first one, the next time it's easier. You've seen it. You know what to expect. I don't live in OH, so I can't answer the second one.

I read a Microsoft approved book on this, it was 1000 something pages...wow, taught me everything I needed to know.

there are for the most part only 2 testing companies (big ones atleast) there is Pearson Vue and Thompson & Prometric. Thier sites will dictate what centers you can take the tests at. As for locations, if there is a New Horizons around you they are a good testing center but all in all, the center matters little as they all have to do it the same way.

As for test taking tips, search online for sample questionaires and such to test your knowledge. Or pickup a study guide at your local bookstore, just make sure you know the tes number so you get the right book.

*edit* the number of times you take the test means nothing. each time the test is administered its generated from an enormous database of potential questions. I have taken one test 6 times and have not seen a duplicate question yet (was beta testing) and from accounts of others, and every instructor/student Ive spoken to the same is true. But the Microsoft Press books are indeed good for this sort of thing. Que are also good.

Good luck. I just finished a course on managing/maintaining a server 2003 environment(course 2273b) and am studying for the exam. Do a search for practice exams. There are several demo versions available that let you see 10 practice questions for free. If you download several, you can get an idea of what the test will be like. Be aware that MS will try to trip you up on questions, so make sure you read them thoroughly. Then if you feel like spending the $$, pay for a full practice test. Also, MS has a promotion going on right now that if you register for a test before june 30, you can retake the test for free if you fail.
www.microsoft.com/learning/2ndchance/

Back