• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bandwidth limiting software?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Excelsior

KITTENS!!! KITTENS!!! KITTENS!!! KITTENS!!!
So, is there any windows bandwidth limiting software that is free, or at elast has a free trial, that's cheap and simple?

What I mean is, I don't want something to show up in systray. I don't want a fancy gui with countless features, I just want to limit the dl and upload of one of my rigs to 10KBps both ways. I kind of would like it to be like FAH oneclick, sits in the background, silently, and goes about its duties.

If anyone has any clues, let me know.

Thanks.

Used Netlimiter for a while, it's pretty nice. You can regulate up/down for each program. It'll alway monitor and record bandwidth for each program. Kind of interesting to see how much traffic you go through in a month/year.

do you use a router on the network? is it QoS capable? QoS does exactly what your talking about, prioritizes packets to predetermined destinations etc etc

I also have used NetLimiter and it works great. You can regulate the bandwidth of each thread of each process. You can also regulate the bandwidth of the entire computer.

Back