• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can't install OneClick??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
tried to run OneClick as usual, and it only created a FAH folder that contains the config file, console client and srvant file, nothing else?? and I've encounter this problem several times on different machines all with Admin accoun!! what's wrong?? should I enable/disable something in the Admin account in order to run it?? :confused:

I did saw a dos screen came up and quickly closed....

and I'm just using the exact same OneClick file that I've been using for installation.

even tho I'm using the Admin account, it does make me seems like the machine itself is trying to stop/disable the script to run or something.... :rolleyes:

nope, no antivirus is running. and I've just checked the service, yes, it installed itself as service, but not running. I've tried to start it manually and it stop and got a message saying "the FAH service has started manually then stopped. some service is designed to stop when there's no work to do" :confused:

LandShark said:
nope, no antivirus is running. and I've just checked the service, yes, it installed itself as service, but not running. I've tried to start it manually and it stop and got a message saying "the FAH service has started manually then stopped. some service is designed to stop when there's no work to do" :confused:

Is it generating a log file? Try running the console without starting the service and see what it does. I remember seeing this about a year ago on one box, but i cant seem to remember what I did to fix it. Maybe you need to copy a wu and a core into the directory to give it a "jump start" so that it already has something to do without having to grab work.

LS I have gotten this before but it was always the antivirus that was the cause.

You might want to check the windows firewall.

Also I just wiped out the fah folder and reran the oneclick.

there's no firewall nor anti virus installed on the machine. the FAH folder only has config file, console client (which happened to be in 0byte!), and srvant file. so just click on the console client windows telling me it's not a executible file!! something is wrong during installatino for sure.....

deleted the whole folder and tried many times, no go. and this happened to me on more than one machine with exact same config as the others that install fine! tried to download a new OneClick, same thing!! :(

LandShark said:
there's no firewall nor anti virus installed on the machine. the FAH folder only has config file, console client (which happened to be in 0byte!), and srvant file. so just click on the console client windows telling me it's not a executible file!! something is wrong during installatino for sure.....

deleted the whole folder and tried many times, no go. and this happened to me on more than one machine with exact same config as the others that install fine! tried to download a new OneClick, same thing!! :(
OK, seems there IS a firewall running, is the XP firewall OFF? If so, it could be the config file as well... the one-click goes out to download the console from stanford, seems something is blocking that. In the config file, try turning the 'usereg' from no to yes or vice-versa. If that doesn't work, install the one click. Stop the service. Download your OWN client. Put client in the FAH folder. Restart service.

nikhsub1 said:
OK, seems there IS a firewall running, is the XP firewall OFF? If so, it could be the config file as well... the one-click goes out to download the console from stanford, seems something is blocking that. In the config file, try turning the 'usereg' from no to yes or vice-versa. If that doesn't work, install the one click. Stop the service. Download your OWN client. Put client in the FAH folder. Restart service.
tks for the tips Nik. will give it a try next week!

nikhsub1 said:
ok, as Nik suggested, I've install OneClick (it stopped with no client downloaded as before), download my own client and run the client itself till it grab a WU, close the client and start the service. and it's up and running now finally!! :clap:

Tks again guys!!! :beer:

LandShark said:
ok, as Nik suggested, I've install OneClick (it stopped with no client downloaded as before), download my own client and run the client itself till it grab a WU, close the client and start the service. and it's up and running now finally!! :clap:

Tks again guys!!! :beer:
Glad it worked! You don't have to manually start the client to get a WU, if you just restart the FAH service, it will grab a WU on it's own.

Back