• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hyoertransport voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wicked Klown

Hard *** Southern Boy Senior
Ok seeing as my Asus A8N-Sli Deluxe died I thought I would go with an Abit AN8 Sli. I noticed in the user manual I can change the hypertransport voltage. My question is what does this do, as my a8n-slu deluxe didn't have this feature.

when you are overclocking your hypertransport frequency goes up, but the multiplier goes down, and so you have to push the fsb, when you do the htt need more power so increasing the voltage will allow much more head room for overclocking.

The nominal HyperTransport frequency spec. is 1000MHz in each direction so over 200 external clock drop the HT freq multi to 4 until 250 & after that 3x.
In reality as long as you have over ~600MHz or so you won't see any performance increase from the extra as it's overspecced for what is required.

Most AN8s will get upto ~320 external clock without you having to touch chipset voltages.

Heidfirst said:
The nominal HyperTransport frequency spec. is 1000MHz in each direction so over 200 external clock drop the HT freq multi to 4 until 250 & after that 3x.
In reality as long as you have over ~600MHz or so you won't see any performance increase from the extra as it's overspecced for what is required.

Most AN8s will get upto ~320 external clock without you having to touch chipset voltages.
:welcome:
Good answer. I try to keep the HTB (or what some call FSB) down below 1050 (212x2). Use these tables. (YMMV)

HTB Multi settings vs HTT on A64 and Optis
5X to 210
4X to 260
3X to 340 (mostly am2s)
2X to 500

HTB Multi settings vs HTT on Semprons and 1600 (800x2) mobos.
5X to 166
4X to 205
3X to 270 (mostly am2s)
2X to 400

Back