• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XMP\voltage question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I guess the last 2 AGESA releases are almost only to solve the X3D CPU problems. If your PC was working fine before then I wouldn't change BIOS to the latest version as they made quick patches, so it can be a not fully tested version.

I saw some news that the last AGESA lowers maximum RAM frequency. I'm not sure if it's only related to SOC voltage as 1.3V should be more than enough for 6000+. Maybe there are some more changes.

yea i think they are grasping at straws with this whole voltage thing or maybe i finally won the lottery, i dont know.
but i cant imagine there are that many of these CPUs that need that much juice for faster ram, mines still working at 6400 at 1.25 and i am tempted to see if it'll go lower.

what utility can i use to monitor voltages from within windows, i was trying to remember earlier but i cant seem to dig it out of the brain archives

that wasnt the one i was thinking of but it works. didnt know it even existed really.
i wanted to make sure in windows the voltages were steady at idle and under load.

Soc is 1.232 idle and 1.248 while running cinebench. if i could get my idle temps under 40c i'd be happy but that'll have to wait. i gotta get real life stuff... like a bed

i wanted to make sure in windows the voltages were steady at idle and under load.
Software isn't that (a trusted source), but if the board doesn't have voltage read points, there isn't much you can do but read from software. Most aren't woefully off, but off enough to mention it.

Idle temps are largely irrelevant... 40ish isn't uncommon, so I wouldn't sweat it. :)

Back