• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advise on overclocking...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

glass19

Registered
Let me give you the heads up on what i've got going.

So far I've gotten my Corsair 2 gig PC4000 Kit at 2.5-3-3-5 @ 2.75 VDIMM from the stock 3-4-4-8. Impressive.
I will run 1:1 with my X2 Toledo 3800+ up to 230 FSB with HTT at x3 Vcore at 1.40

The only way I could get past 230FSB was to use the 166 memory divider.

so currently I'm

240 FSB
HTT x3
VCORE 1.40
VDIMM 2.75
2.5-3-3-5
166 divider

where should I go from here?

Is it best to have a divider with tighter timmings or keep the 1:1 ratio with looser timmings.

I know I can do 255 FSB at 1.48 Vcore HTT x3.
However, at that FSB setting I have to put the RAM at its stock speed of 3-4-4-8 @ 2.75 VDIMM. However I can run 1:1 at this setting.

Suggestions?

what would be the best combo?

There is no such thing as running real ¨1/1¨ on an A64 setup since the memory divider depends on the CPU speed, not the HTT. So even if the RAM runs @ the HTT clocks, it still will be running in a divider (CPU/11, for example). So there isn't a performance drop from running on higher divider, other than losing a couple mhz on the RAM.

I would try to keep the memory @ the lowest timings possible, but that's just me. The best is to experiment, and see which settings yield better results (benchmarks, OCing)..

gl

dan

Me personally, I would run the 166 divider and run the loser settings you would get from SPD 200. That way you can push the CPU as far as it can go and then tightne up the ram. If you tighten up the ram first and it crashes out you might be missing out on some CPU Mhz goodness. :D

Back