• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do you change the PCI divider??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Leeua

Registered
In the Soyo Dragon mobo, how do you change the PCi divider. Im afraid to overclock the fsb too high because im afraid it will strain the whole system too much. ive looked everywhere in the bios but could not find where you specify the PCI bus diver from the FSB. Does the mobo do the dividng thing automatically. Thanks

If you don't see it in the bios, it will do it automatically, up to 133mhz. After that, there are no more dividers for the KT266A chipset.

As long as you have good quality PCI devices, you really don't have anything to worry about. I have run my FSB to 180mhz, and all my cards tolerate it. You will know, because usually the first ones to stop working are the network cards.

Doctor

Doc is a genius!!!!!!!!

I've read some of your post's before.

By the way are you a doctor?

Hey Doc, you are able to run with the pci at 45 MHz ?? I've not had a HD that would handle over 42 MHz or so. Wonder if that Vapochill has anything to do with it..........................:)

Genoide said:
Doc is a genius!!!!!!!!

I've read some of your post's before.

By the way are you a doctor?

Thank you for the kind words Genoide!

Yes, I'm a Proctologist!....:eek:....

Just kidding, I'm actually a Customer Service Manager for an international machinery manufacturer. I spend all day passing out prescriptions to cure customers machinery woes.

As a Senior Member here, I also pass them out for fellow overclocker's woes, too!

Thanks again,

:)

Doctor

LutaWicasa said:
Hey Doc, you are able to run with the pci at 45 MHz ?? I've not had a HD that would handle over 42 MHz or so. Wonder if that Vapochill has anything to do with it..........................:)

Yes, If you look at my attached highlighted picture, you can see that at 180mhz-FSB, my PCI bus is at 45, and my AGP is at an astonomical 90/360MHZ!

I also highlighted the limitations of the KT266A chipset's divder, still at 1/4 at 180mhz.:(

I'm using IBM 60GXP, 40 gig drives, which I have had very good luck with.

AS well, I am typing this post, and did all the photo editing in Photoshop of the following picture at that speed, albiet at a 2.5 CL. This is further proof of the stability of these Shuttle AK31 Rev3 mobos. I have to use CPUFSB to get the FSB that high, as my mobo is limited to 166MHZ in the bios.

Please see below.........

Last edited:
Wow! how did you get your AGP bus that high? Mines 48MHZ, by increasing the FSB on the CPU/RAM?

Using what? How were you able to get you AGP bus that high?
Besides by having a Geforce III or what ever you got..

Yeah, well I don't know. I've had Sandra lie to me before :D
I'll have to check it out, but there has been times oc'ing that I had chosen options to run pci at a certain divider, showed that way in bios, but Sandra reported significantly higher. The agp is no prob, any GeF card I've ever had could work at over 100 agp without any probs.
I'm going to see if I can get Sandra to lie to me again :p

Editted this in. I remember when Sandra would lie to me. It was when I'd use a soft oc prog. I could set the fsb like I'd set CPU fsb at 124 FSB with pci at 31, but Sandra reported 41.xx

Last edited:
Voltmod? Does that always work?
If it does then I'll read up on it...
By the way what are some things that may occur that might damage your hardware with a voltmod? I heard some people got pc2400 on their 1600/2100 ram sticks how could this be? the instructions say that it supports pc2100/1600? I got the KG7 RAID.
I looked at your stats 164x11 nice OC on that ram!!!
What is your ram V? Do you use any cooling for it? What case do you use?

for that speed on the components, your score is pretty low, you should be well into the 9k range! if you need help, pm me or email me, i'll be glad to help.

Genoide said:
Voltmod? Does that always work?
If it does then I'll read up on it...
By the way what are some things that may occur that might damage your hardware with a voltmod? I heard some people got pc2400 on their 1600/2100 ram sticks how could this be? the instructions say that it supports pc2100/1600? I got the KG7 RAID.
I looked at your stats 164x11 nice OC on that ram!!!
What is your ram V? Do you use any cooling for it? What case do you use?

The volt mod gives me more stability at higher speeds. As far as damaging your hardware, you could easily burn up your CPU if you didn't have adequate cooling, however, my case is a VapoChill. It basically has a built in refridgerator that keeps my CPU at a cozy -09C.

AS far as the ram goes, mine is sold as PC2400, which means it will run at 150mhz, FSB at CL-2, but as you can see, it will easily run 170mhs at CL-2, which is PC2700, and will run up to 180mhz at Cl-2.5. I run the memory at 2.7v, and have several 120mm fans in my case for airflow.

Just because your mobo says it will run PC1600/2100 doesn't mean that it won't run faster memory. The PC2400/2700 just are not "officially" recognized as DDR memory specs. Your mobo will run whatever speed DDR you put into it.

I hope this answers your questions,

Doctor

Back