• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just another SILVERSTONE TJ03

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MikeyLikesItSI

Just another SILVERSTONE TJ03 *UPDATED WITH PICS*

Been working on a project case for a few weeks now. slowly gathering parts and modding to my liking. looking for a clean cut and simple look. I was prepping this case to be ready for a new conroe setup, but got impatient and converted everything from my old case to my new one last night. I had a swiftech 120x2 rad before (the old style with large, low count runners) and a danger den TDX water block with a MCP650 pump. The radiator was also mounted externally before. This new setup has a BIP rad with 2 sanyo denki fans, and a Swiftech Apogee CPU block. i still have my 7800GT in the loop, and so far i've got 10C better temps then before. I think i contribute most of it to upgrading from 3/8" hose to 1/2" all around. I'm at work right now and will update with pictures later. She's comming along nicely :)

Last edited:
MikeyLikesItSI said:
so far i've got 10C better temps then before. I think i contribute most of it to upgrading from 3/8" hose to 1/2" all around.
I switched in the opposite direction (from 1/2 to3/8" tubing) and saw no temp diff, so I think your improvement came from the rad/fans and block instead.

LCD screen that i'm going to program to show and control fan speed, and have a few menu options to show various computer info

Some fan filters i made out of generic A/C filter

Fans and radiator mounted with fan filters in place

Since i wanted to mount the fans to the top of the case so it pulled in air from outside, but i wanted it to push through the radiator, i had to glue a mesh in place so that the filters would not rub against the exposed back of the fans.

pictures of it after it was put together and bled out. The LCD is not hooked up or programed yet. i'm going to wait until i get my E6600 and P5W DH installed before i go ahead with that. Can we say crash course in re-learning C? i haven't programed in 10 years....

yeah, wire management SUCKS! LOL i'm hoping to clean it up for good once i get some new components, i'll really try to hide the wires.

yeah, your right, i do have a long ways to go! i think she'll clean up nice, Thanks calvin.

Back