• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P940... I just don't get it!!!???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neonbob

I got my new P940, dropped it in, and OC'ed to about 4 Ghz. It was a bit of a struggle getting to 4G's since I have an asus P5LD2-VM mobo which has a max mem voltage 1.9... but I did get there. I worked the machine pretty hard for a few hours with no problems. Then I left it on for the night to catch a movie recording, and some time during the night it rebooted it self. After that I have had to drop the fsb down to 237 (3.79 Ghz) because xp keeps randomly re booting. XP now seems to be solid at 237, but I can not for the life of me get it back up to 248.

Has anybody seen this??

your experience with p5ld2-vm seems to different from others who have not been successful in getting fsb above 222 ( i recall someone saying they could get to 230).

so you seem to be doing better than most others in the other threads that i have read.

I have seen good improvements due to recent bios updates on my p5ld2's (not -vm model) :shrug: My 920 could not go past 235 or so back on a jan bios level and on a current bios 1103 for my mobo, i can get a 930 to 300 max, or 285 stable. I have not retested that original 920 on it tho.

Previous speculation was that 222 limit on the VM version was due to integrated video, but perhaps a bios update has fixed that limit?

There is also a new rev of the p5ld2's that asus just announced that are conroe ready (rev 2.02?) bu i doubt they are in retail channels yet?

/edit and :welcome: to OCF!

Last edited:
Back