• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

400cfm of Yate Loons and Increasing! (56K NO FRIEND =X)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ziggo0

A few weeks ago I won a very cheap, no name no brand Aluminum Case at a LAN Party...and my imagination went while. I was in need of a new case pretty bad. My Antec P160W has had the hell beat out of it a few times, went through many divorces and abusive relationships and it was time for a new case - but I had no money.

I have no before pictures but I can describe to you what it looked like. The modded side panel was completely flat, no window no notta, the top was exactly the same, perfectly flat. On the interior there were 4 5 1/2 drive bays, 2 3 1/2 drive bays and 4 hdd bays, a huge cage going straight down basicly. There was some ghetto duct for a 92mm fan...well was.

PICT0052.JPG

PICT0053.JPG

PICT0054.JPG

PICT0056.JPG

PICT0057.JPG

PICT0058.JPG

PICT0059.JPG

PICT0060.JPG

PICT0061.JPG

PICT0062.JPG

PICT0063.JPG

PICT0064.JPG

I plan on adding 2x 92mm or 80mm fans to the rear exhaust, throwing my WC setup in there some how (just for CPU, videocard is to crappy atm) and adding either another yate loon to the lower 2 5 1/2 drive bays as exhuast or intake...have decided yet.

For comparison, this is a very quiet rig despite its appearance. The chipset fan is louder than all those yate loons.

Edit: I also have lighting I plan on putting behind the fans...just haven't got around to it lately ;)

would actually serve a purpose if u had some rad in front of those fans, but i dont see how that really improves cooling if your current heatsinks are stock. nice mod tho...but its a bit overkill.

enz660 said:
would actually serve a purpose if u had some rad in front of those fans, but i dont see how that really improves cooling if your current heatsinks are stock. nice mod tho...but its a bit overkill.

That is actually the point, overkill lol. I'm not trying to improve temps, just wanted to go nuts. I'll have a rad in there with 2 more yate loons on there for my CPU and what not but other than that she is for looks. They actually do a very good job of keeping ambient low to get the most performance outta the stock coolers...38C load on the chitty amd hsf.

redrumy3 said:
Looks nice man keep it up :D

i like it

:clap:

LMAO, Man you know that Case looks exactly like the one I saw this one guy win as a Door Prize at Asylumlan :p Good Work Man.

I don't understand how those hard drives are just hanging on the side like that. Can you explain? It would help me get rid of some racks inside my case.

striker85 said:
I don't understand how those hard drives are just hanging on the side like that. Can you explain? It would help me get rid of some racks inside my case.

He is using the screw holes on the bottom of the hard drive to have them mounted to the side panel on that side of the case.

Lots of air. :D

Also, neat pic effect with the Yate on the back of the rig......you can see through the blades. :p

neonblingbling said:
Have you tried running everything passively? CPU, chipset, and GPU.

Actually, not yet. If I was going to I'd get some bigger heatsinks on there that would allow better air flow to pass through em, Although......

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr said:
I'm tempted to do this to my Lian Li V2000a :D.

/me slaps ziggo0 for giving me ideas :)..

EVERYONE LOVES IDEAS! Thats what I origonally wanted to do...but I can't afford a Lian Li!

synthetic_fenix said:
LMAO, Man you know that Case looks exactly like the one I saw this one guy win as a Door Prize at Asylumlan :p Good Work Man.

Yeah that's where I got it at. I don't think I shown you it there, or did I? **** that might've been me lol.

synthetic_fenix said:
He is using the screw holes on the bottom of the hard drive to have them mounted to the side panel on that side of the case.

Yup, mounted on rubber studs, it works perfect, no vibration either :)

Slayer2003 said:
Lots of air. :D

Also, neat pic effect with the Yate on the back of the rig......you can see through the blades. :p

I tried to get one of those shots with it, now just to throw some cathodes behind it and mm...

You feel that breeze? You should have a problem getting fresh air to your componets... should be able to keep your case temp close to ambient.

Back