• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Flash Banner Maker?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HeatM1ser2k4

I want to make a flash banner with sounds.Can someone reccommend a good program thats easy to use?

The banner will be of a ship pulling into dock and as it does, you'll hear the sounds of waves and seaguls(maybe even a tugboat sound).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Gnufsh said:
Please don't. Flash is annoying, proprietary and takes to long to load for people stuck on slow connections.
Please dont flame my threads.I dont want you to discourage people from helping me.Thank you.

HeatM1ser2k4, he was just giving a helpful tip, because nobody likes Flash that much anyway. I'd recommend just making an animated GIF. Not only would it load faster, but it would take up far less room.

tspier2 said:
HeatM1ser2k4, he was just giving a helpful tip, because nobody likes Flash that much anyway. I'd recommend just making an animated GIF. Not only would it load faster, but it would take up far less room.
In that case...what program would you reccommend for creating an animated .gif?

Can you even add sound to an animated .gif?

You cannot add sound. But the sound is the major bad thing about such a flash banner: it's a big reason why it is so annoying.

Animation Shop from Paint Shop Pro can create animated GIFs for example.

klingens said:
the sound is the major bad thing about such a flash banner: it's a big reason why it is so annoying.
The sound file is only 11kb, so I didnt think it was all that bad.

Thanks for the feedback!

Back