• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help w/ e6600 oc on P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unrealized

Registered
So I just finished building my computer here are the specs:

ASUS P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe
Intel E6600<-----HEATSINK= ZALMAN Fatal1ty 120mm Idles @ 30c, load @ 39c
2gb Corsair XMS2 Pro
Antec 500w Modular Neo HE
BFG 7900gs 256mb
2x WD 150gb Raptor
WD 500gb
Lian-Li PC1000 case

So when I go into the bios and apply any overclocking settings, as soon as it starts to boot, it gives me an overclocking failed message. Any suggestions?

if I change ANYTHING in the overclocking options it gives me that error.

Heres my cpu-z:
mycore2.JPG

Im going to try updating the bios.

Last edited:
After updating the BIOS, I was able to get almost no overclock out of it, anything higher than this = system crash

ocnothing.JPG

its been said time and time again that the nvidia Intel boards specifically the new ones do not overclock well at all, but I thought they were good for 350 at least.

yeah, if you go witha nything other than an intel chipset you'll get a crap oc, but you get sli
if you want clocks, get an intel board

what motherboard do you reccommend then, since eventually I want to go sli? or is sli just not an option?

350 on an sli board?? there are non sli boards struggling to get 350.

I would consider yourself lucky to hit 300 with that board.

Core 2 Duo + SLI = no overclock

I managed to inch it up to 290, then as soon as I fired up Counter-Strike: Source, it just shut off, and I got the overclock failed message. :(

naw man, forget about oc'ing that board. Go pick yourself up a p5b or a ds3 if you want to bump up the fsb. Both of those have been working pretty well

I haven't really pushed it but I can oc that board to over 300fsb.

What speed memory are you using. This board has a problem with corsair 800mhz. I had to downclock it to 667, although I did lower the memory timings which helped. Also, definately update the bios to the beta 0305.

Back