• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sli-dr won't boot after memtesting - bios corruption?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aznkc730

Hey guys, i recently bought me some ballistix z503 off newegg (they were only 199!) and have been memtesting them this weekend. I was stable at 295fsb at 3v when i decided to back down the voltage abit. I lowered the voltage to 2.9 and it did not boot.

At first i thought it was just a simple mem instability causing it not to boot, but it wasn't. After clearing the cmos (using AngryGames method) multiple times, my computer would not boot, nothing would show up.

I looked at the leds and only the last one was on (the vga one). I took out my video card and tested in a friends computer and it worked. I even tested my ballistix in his computer and it worked. I have no idea why mine won't boot. the only thing i can think of is a corrupted bios. is this the case?

Back