• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xeons for 775? 30X0 series...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shelnutt2

Overclockers Team Content Editor
Last edited:
Sweet...any reviews yet? And i've never used any Xeons before, how do they compare to regular pentiums? Like the last Xeons compared to the Pentium 4s?

And these are not the woodcrests right? Weird, I never even heard of these before now?

Sean_Best said:
And these are not the woodcrests right? Weird, I never even heard of these before now?

I didn't check XS to see if anyone said anything about them over there. In the past xeon's, well atleast the Irwindel or the other perscott xeons did not overclock well...although those old 1.6GHz LV Xeons where the thing back in 04.

I think they are woodcrest...just on the 775 platform. :shrug:

I looked up some woodcrest and they said socket 771U(?), but these says socket 775, but Newegg and Zipzoomfly and Tigerdirect don't seem to have any. Weird huh? Well let's just hope they are REAL and can do like 200% overclocks and are dirt cheap. We can dream right?

Sean_Best said:
Well let's just hope they are REAL and can do like 200% overclocks and are dirt cheap. We can dream right?

Are you buying one? I'm not getting on to OC it, if I do its going to be in a dell server...

I made a post on XS about them too.

greenmaji said:
They support HT, 99% chance there netburst based.

yes but there if that 1% chance these things are a woodcrest core with ht.... only one can dream!! how sweet would that be..... dual core C2D processor with HT.... man i could todally notice a difference when i turned HT off on my p4 3.0c northwood....

Intel said:
Related Products

Processors Dual-Core Intel® Xeon® processor 3000 sequence
Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor
Intel® Pentium® D Processor
Intel® Celeron® D Processor

Smells like netburst.
Woodcrest is 5100 sequence.

greenmaji said:
Smells like netburst.
Woodcrest is 5100 sequence.

Its got smart cache though...and 65 watt TDP....and B2 stepping :shrug:

Its not a Netburst.
Its going to basically be the same as X2s and Opterons for s939.
Same core, different names.

The Coolest said:
Its not a Netburst.

god would that be nice! lol i run my E6600 @ stock and i am already looking for more speed wtf is wrong with me!

The Coolest said:
Its not a Netburst.

Did you get this from the tech docs?
TIA

nvm, the artical linked above explains it well enough :)

Last edited:
Shelnutt2 said:
Well besides being Xeons, they all have 4mb cache. Maybe you can argue better silicon, like in optys?

If this was the case I'd be excited to get a 3050, but if you look it up on froogle almost everyone is saying its 2M cache.
So does the article posted above.

greenmaji said:
If this was the case I'd be excited to get a 3050, but if you look it up on froogle almost everyone is saying its 2M cache.
So does the article posted above.

http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SL9TW

The spec finder says they all have 4mb:shrug:

Your right though the article and intel doc says 2mb.

:confused: :confused:

Edit:
It seems the spec finder is wrong, as I can't find anything else saying it has 4mb cache...my bad

Last edited:
Back