• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Celly D 326 running hot....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krazyshane

Registered
Alright, so I recently built a computer (read: today)... I have a Celly D 326 (2.53 Ghz), and it sure does seem to run hot, even with little to no overclocking. Right now i've got it running at 3.0Ghz (158 x 19) and under mild usage I'm in the mid 60s... and the fan is running constantly. It idles in the high 50s or low 60s.

Anyways... I have made sure that the HS (stock) is seated well, so thats no the problem. Why so hot though? BTW, I bought the celly as a starter until I drop another few hundred on C2D.

Here's what i bought ($620):

Dynapower Case w/ 430w PSU

Gagabyte GA-965P-DS3 Mobo

Wintec AMP-X 2x512MB DDR2 800 (cas 4)

256MB Geforce 7600GT

Seagate 250GB Sata 3g/s HD

Samsung Dual Layer DVD Burner

Celeron 326 @ 2.53Ghz

Shane

I'm looking at the case and it didn't come with case fans. It looks like you can use two 120mm fans, I'd grab a couple of those.

no case fans.

Right now I've got it back to stock speeds, and it's still hovering at around 57 celsius. The case is 52c.

Shane

Try some other software, everest home ed. possibly. Its possible that the bios temps are off.

I still wouldn't advise going case fanless.

Everest Home gives me the following temps:

Motherboard: 29 C
CPU: 1 C -- obviously not right
AUX: 48 C
GPU: 68 C
HD: 43 C

hmm... any other softwares?

Shane

Alright... I just got smartguardian.

Cpu - 49 C
System - 33 C

So that looks fine.

Shane

Your GPU temp makes an obvious case for needing case fans. Average case cooling should yield about 45c non-SLI for that 7600gt. Check Nvidia's control panel temps to make sure that 68c is accurate. My SLI'd 7600gt's both average about 45-50c...55c under load. I know 68c is not really hurting it, but with minor case air-cooling mods it should be lower for one card.

I dont get it...

I had it up to 180 x 19 = 3429 Mhz and was running fine. I was running a super pi to 32M to test it..

I stopped before it finished, but the SmartGuardian temps read to be around 55 C. Great. I reboot and go into bios and find that the temps read in the 90s?? Why the hell does everything different?

Shane

I dont get it...

I had it up to 180 x 19 = 3429 Mhz and was running fine. I was running a super pi to 32M to test it..

I stopped before it finished, but the SmartGuardian temps read to be around 55 C. Great. I reboot and go into bios and find that the temps read in the 90s?? Why the hell does everything different?

Shane

I dont get it...

Shane

I understand that I need a case fan. I will pick one up. I just dont understand how the temps can be so horribly misreported...

Shane

Stuff happens, is the best way to describe it; the motherboard is just not reporting correct temperatures in bios.

and I would seriouly consider 3 case fans, you have mounting for on in front of your HD cage and one over your CPU in the side panel as well as the back exaust.

krazyshane said:
I understand that I need a case fan. I will pick one up. I just dont understand how the temps can be so horribly misreported...

Shane

Revisiting the gfx temps...check the NV drivers, I've found that 70 series seems to mis-report the temps, without knowing which drivers you're using. When I upgraded to 80 series, my gfx temps dropped 10 degrees.

Back