Overclockers Forums > Software > Games
Games Tips and general discussion
Forum Jump

who likes Bf2142?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 10-25-06, 08:43 PM Thread Starter   #1
rocco

who likes Bf2142?

I have played all the maps and it's ok different than bf2 but not as exciding!
And i hate that the gun dont have much power behind it!
what do you think?
rocco is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-25-06, 09:15 PM   #2
jivetrky

I've only played the demo, but I didn't like the "Feel" of the game. The ideas behind it were kinda cool, but I just didn't care for it. And with the adware in the retail game, I'd never buy it.

And I'm sure there will be many flame messages from other members saying the same thing

2x HTPCs / 3x Desktops / 1x 10TB UnRAID Server

[--------------HEATWARE: jivetrky --------------|-------------- GAMING NICK: jivetrky--------------]

"With every upgrade I become less clever." -Socket eh?\(_o)/
jivetrky is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-25-06, 09:29 PM   #3
UnrealAlex

I really enjoy the game, the fact that this time around the greatest aspect is in ground gameplay, with no unstoppable choppers or planes hunting you down, is a huge plus. Squad gameplay is incredibly better, teamwork overall in 2142 blows away BF2. First, you get extra points for working in a squad. Squad leaders can use various unlocks to improve their leadership(spawn beacons, small UAVs, floating turrets), and on top of that, squads get field unlocks which let you temporarily use the next unlock. In this game, pretty much every CQ map I join, most squads are full or close to full.
Sniping is awesome in this game, and I feel like the pace of the game is a lot faster despite what people say. I played a lot of Bf2 (350 hours) and I actually like 2142 better. Once they fix some bugs, like lag on Titan mode, this game's goin to be incredible

On top of everything else, the unlocks and customizations add a great uniqueness and new level of gameplay to the game.
The guns have LOTS of power. There are just various guns. The Zeller Advance Sniper rifle takes out light armor targets in one shot( It's up to you whether to use light armor and gain more sprint or use heavy armor and have less sprint), the Baur Assault Rifle kills in 2-3 shots. The assault rifle rocket launcher lets you launch rockets that have Airburst capability, you set the distance at which they explode.

I'll tell you guys right now, and every Demo-Retail player will agree:
The demo does not represent the retail version. The unlocks, and the other maps, are sooo much better and they make it a totally different game. The demo feels bland because its missing key items like defibs, C4, etc. But it's all in the retail, and much more.

And the adware, people are exagerating. So far, it has made no difference at all. And I seriously doubt it will in the future. This isnt something that's going to give you random popups of advertising or steal your cc info.

Last edited by UnrealAlex; 10-25-06 at 09:39 PM.
UnrealAlex is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-25-06, 09:50 PM   #4
Mv830

Not me BF2 forever
Mv830 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-25-06, 09:56 PM   #5
trueplaya4ever8

10 Year Badge

I didnt like how little you could run.....

My Heat
http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25800
trueplaya4ever8 is offline Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-25-06, 09:58 PM   #6
UnrealAlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueplaya4ever8
I didnt like how little you could run.....
They have unlocks for extra stamina and the 2nd unlock is stamina recovery. With light armor, sprint lasts a long long long time.
Here are the unlocks for you guys.

http://www.totalbf2142.com/page.php?do=unlocks
Old 10-25-06, 10:06 PM   #7
FrEaK44

well i didn't like it, it always quit to windows on me, then i fixed it and only got 6 servers that got me 300-999 ping.

TeH FrEaK CoMp
CASE:Aluminum Skyhawk MOBO:Asrock Dual SATA 2 939
CPU:AMD ATHLON 3000+ 2ghz GPU:NVIDIA 7600gt PCI-E
RAM:1GB HDD:2 120gb WD CD-DVD:NEC 3520A
FrEaK44 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-25-06, 10:20 PM   #8
kswaid

I agree with alex. The teamplay really takes the game to another level compared to bf2.

HD5870
Seasonic Silencer 650W
Watercooled: MCW6002, AquaXtreme MP-1, MCP600, BI GT 360
Coolermaster Stacker
Dell 2005FPW x 2
Klipsch Promedia Ultra 5.1 / Sennheiser HD580
kswaid is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-25-06, 10:30 PM   #9
hUMANbEATbOX
Contributing Member

seeing as i always despised the chopper spam in bf2, the comments here might make me go out and buy (shudder) another BF game. i never thought i would say that....

although, i remember someone saying that a new patch for bf2 gives the choice of infantry only??? i might have to reinstall it to check that out (there's another thing i never thought i'd say... reinstall?? i swore never again)..

IMO, vehicles = teh lose. i'm all about aim and reflexes and getting right up in someones face (or scoping in on someones face) and blowing it right the **** off.

and my baby Lucy
<----

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
hUMANbEATbOX is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-25-06, 10:38 PM   #10
UnrealAlex

I probably wouldn't reccomend buying it just yet, I would say get the demo and see if you get any technical problems running it. And if everything works great, then get it. Also I you can signup for the Veteran program and you get a free unlock for playing BF2.
Old 10-25-06, 10:43 PM   #11
hUMANbEATbOX
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrealAlex
I probably wouldn't reccomend buying it just yet, I would say get the demo and see if you get any technical problems running it. And if everything works great, then get it. Also I you can signup for the Veteran program and you get a free unlock for playing BF2.
that's good advice, i'll download the demo tonight, although i don't foresee any probs. i had no issues with bf2, or any other game really that i can remember. most times i see people with technical problems in games generally, they seem to be on their end of things (unless its for example, a ATI bug, or something that effects EVERYONE, and needs to be patched ASAP).

and my baby Lucy
<----

Old 10-25-06, 11:46 PM   #12
jivetrky

Quote:
Originally Posted by hUMANbEATbOX
seeing as i always despised the chopper spam in bf2, the comments here might make me go out and buy (shudder) another BF game. i never thought i would say that....

although, i remember someone saying that a new patch for bf2 gives the choice of infantry only??? i might have to reinstall it to check that out (there's another thing i never thought i'd say... reinstall?? i swore never again)..

IMO, vehicles = teh lose. i'm all about aim and reflexes and getting right up in someones face (or scoping in on someones face) and blowing it right the **** off.

Yes, there are many servers out there that are infantry only. And I HIGHLY recommend them. It takes the game a whole different place IMO. I find that infantry only servers have better teamplay and just make it more fun. I still play the occasional vehicle map, but primarily it's infantry only for me!

2x HTPCs / 3x Desktops / 1x 10TB UnRAID Server

[--------------HEATWARE: jivetrky --------------|-------------- GAMING NICK: jivetrky--------------]

"With every upgrade I become less clever." -Socket eh?\(_o)/
jivetrky is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-26-06, 04:38 AM   #13
Hey_Its_Cole

I Like it a good bit better than Bf2, It runs smoother and I think the game play is better.

Heat!!
Hey_Its_Cole is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-26-06, 09:47 AM   #14
Frogbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrealAlex
I really enjoy the game, the fact that this time around the greatest aspect is in ground gameplay, with no unstoppable choppers or planes hunting you down, is a huge plus. Squad gameplay is incredibly better, teamwork overall in 2142 blows away BF2. First, you get extra points for working in a squad. Squad leaders can use various unlocks to improve their leadership(spawn beacons, small UAVs, floating turrets), and on top of that, squads get field unlocks which let you temporarily use the next unlock. In this game, pretty much every CQ map I join, most squads are full or close to full.
Sniping is awesome in this game, and I feel like the pace of the game is a lot faster despite what people say. I played a lot of Bf2 (350 hours) and I actually like 2142 better. Once they fix some bugs, like lag on Titan mode, this game's goin to be incredible

On top of everything else, the unlocks and customizations add a great uniqueness and new level of gameplay to the game.
The guns have LOTS of power. There are just various guns. The Zeller Advance Sniper rifle takes out light armor targets in one shot( It's up to you whether to use light armor and gain more sprint or use heavy armor and have less sprint), the Baur Assault Rifle kills in 2-3 shots. The assault rifle rocket launcher lets you launch rockets that have Airburst capability, you set the distance at which they explode.

I'll tell you guys right now, and every Demo-Retail player will agree:
The demo does not represent the retail version. The unlocks, and the other maps, are sooo much better and they make it a totally different game. The demo feels bland because its missing key items like defibs, C4, etc. But it's all in the retail, and much more.

And the adware, people are exagerating. So far, it has made no difference at all. And I seriously doubt it will in the future. This isnt something that's going to give you random popups of advertising or steal your cc info.
I back 100% I really enjoy just about every aspect you've mentioned.

Listen to this guy.

The game really is a good one. so far worth my money.

I also still play BF2 and enjoy that game also...you know, you can still enjoy both..not one or the other.

Take pride in ur rig like every gamer should:
I7 860@3.0GHz .
8gig Mushkin Enhanced DDR3 560TIOC
X-FI Extreme Gamer
600W OCZ
Antec Nine Hundred case.
Frogbones is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-26-06, 11:11 AM   #15
Indyxc1

Personally,

To me it's just a Battlefield 2 mod, that you are paying 50 bucks for. Likewise, I prefer modern day combat to futuristic stuff. I played the demo, and that it was ok, but Battlefield 2 is a lot more fun.

CPU: Intel C2D e6000 @ 3000 mhz
Cooling: Stock for now
Motherboard: Gigabyte DS3
Ram: Patriot 2x1GB PC 6700
Video: 1900 XTX

Indyxc1 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-26-06, 12:20 PM   #16
DareDevil_747
Disabled

I also agree that this is a good game. It has its bugs, like every game, but nothing that can't be overlooked till' it gets patched...
I've not been playing it for long, but so far, it seems like a great game.
DareDevil_747 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-26-06, 12:49 PM   #17
NettieZoom

I cant wait to try it but every darn store in our area is sold out grrr. I may have to break down and buy it online which i hate doing.
NettieZoom is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-26-06, 02:36 PM   #18
jjv687

This game was very disappointing. I was expecting something realistic in the future.. not Halo.. I highly doubt that in less than 40 years, we're going to have troops running around in spacesuits and giant stationary laser guns.. Oh but then the troops are still using the same type of machine guns that were used in WWI..

You'd also think that the huge spacesuit you're wearing would be able to provide some bulletproof-ness, but you die in like 2 hits. Which is fine for real games, but come on.. this is the future! But maybe EA decided that the governments of the future will ALSO be too cheap to buy real armor for their future troops as well..

Also, wouldn't these guys be able to run a little bit longer? Did EA decide that the obesity problem has grown so great that not even the most physically fit troops can run more than 5 seconds without running out of stamina?

And don't you think that those giant walker things would be a little more durable? They take like 3 hits and they're down. It seems to me that the warfare of BF1942 was far superior to that of the warfare 100 years later!

The AI is terrible too. I guess governments of the future aren't able to get anyone with an IQ above 12 to join their pathetic military. The troops just run around aimlessly shooting. The enemy troops will just run straight into a group of my guys like a kamikaze, only, they just die instead of doing anything. I think I even saw one just shooting the ground while I was taking their CP.

Anyways, those are all just technical things that don't really make sense for a game in the future. The gameplay is still alright. I liked 1942 way better though.

MSI GTX465 Twin Frozr II
SilverStone Sugo
jjv687 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-26-06, 02:45 PM   #19
hUMANbEATbOX
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjv687
I highly doubt that in less than 40 years, we're going to have troops running around in spacesuits and giant stationary laser guns..
what year do you think it is right now??

and my baby Lucy
<----

Old 10-26-06, 03:15 PM   #20
UnrealAlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjv687
This game was very disappointing. I was expecting something realistic in the future.. not Halo.. I highly doubt that in less than 40 years, we're going to have troops running around in spacesuits and giant stationary laser guns.. Oh but then the troops are still using the same type of machine guns that were used in WWI..

You'd also think that the huge spacesuit you're wearing would be able to provide some bulletproof-ness, but you die in like 2 hits. Which is fine for real games, but come on.. this is the future! But maybe EA decided that the governments of the future will ALSO be too cheap to buy real armor for their future troops as well..

Also, wouldn't these guys be able to run a little bit longer? Did EA decide that the obesity problem has grown so great that not even the most physically fit troops can run more than 5 seconds without running out of stamina?

And don't you think that those giant walker things would be a little more durable? They take like 3 hits and they're down. It seems to me that the warfare of BF1942 was far superior to that of the warfare 100 years later!

The AI is terrible too. I guess governments of the future aren't able to get anyone with an IQ above 12 to join their pathetic military. The troops just run around aimlessly shooting. The enemy troops will just run straight into a group of my guys like a kamikaze, only, they just die instead of doing anything. I think I even saw one just shooting the ground while I was taking their CP.

Anyways, those are all just technical things that don't really make sense for a game in the future. The gameplay is still alright. I liked 1942 way better though.
1) You're forgetting something called game balance.
2)Without teamwork or C4, walkers are very hard to kill unless you shoot them from the bottom. Walkers simply own every other vehicle in the game, including tanks(but not at long range).
3)This isnt a single player game

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Software > Games
Games Tips and general discussion