• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IE 7.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OnDborder

Is up on the updates..
Ya, I know, I posted in the wrong section..

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
I wish they would difine "cleaner look" better. I mean, does that mean smoother edges, different colors, what? (like i care, firefox FTW)

freakdiablo said:
I wish they would difine "cleaner look" better. I mean, does that mean smoother edges, different colors, what? (like i care, firefox FTW)

Mainly the toolbar is less cluttered. I didn't use it long though, seemed slow to me plus there is a couple of security holes already. Nothing major, but enough to make me not use it.

Oh it also has tabbed browsing...

OnDborder said:
So the verdict is, to install or not?

I would wait til they patched the 2 flaws, I'm guessing they will do so next Tuesday, since that is normally when they release updates.

Honestly if your using Firefox and are happy with that, just stick with it. Just my opinion.

I installed IE7 this morring on a p3 700mhz 128mb of ram and it made it crawel it only ended up lasting a total of 5 min on that pc before it was uninstaled

I was forced to install it on one of my systems thanks to it being a high-priority update (thanks alot Cisco CAA :( ) and while it seems to be slightly faster than IE6... my god this is an ugly browser. Finding a skin for it has been impossible, I hate having the search bar at the top (FILE GOES THERE #$$%##!), and they use the retarded favorites stars. Oh, and this:

another forum said:
RSS feeds. I like how in Firefox I can put an RSS feed as a button on my links bar, and when I click it I get a drop down menu of my news stories.

In IE7 I have to click on favorites, click on Feeds, click on my feed, and then it opens up a new html page with my news feeds. I couldn't find a way to put an RSS feed on my Links toolbar.

Edit: Also I can't stand the zoom feature. Instead of just scaling the text, it scales the entire page including the pictures AND THE SCROLLBARS!

..It's like someone showed them a glimpse of firefox and camino, handed them a bottle of whiskey, and said "go code now".

The only good parts about it is that it imported my FF plugins easily, and my custom "Micro$haft Internet Exploiter" title stayed. It does seem to run CSS stuff a heck of alot better at least.

Last edited:
i really do not like the interface that it has. but then again, i suppose that i am going to have to get used to it... if you have seen office 2007 compared to office 2003 then you know what i am talking about. the layout of all of the menus is totally different. it most definitely threw me for a loop the first time that i used it.

mbentley said:
i really do not like the interface that it has. but then again, i suppose that i am going to have to get used to it... if you have seen office 2007 compared to office 2003 then you know what i am talking about. the layout of all of the menus is totally different. it most definitely threw me for a loop the first time that i used it.

You get used to it pretty fast. It is awkward to go back to IE6 once you are use to 7. (Btw ALT brings up the File Edit stuff).

Back