• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IE 7.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
FYI to all FOLDERS!!!! If you install IE7 you MUST CHANGE a value in your config file! Make sure USEREG=NO and not yes! Otherwise, you will no longer connect to send units.

End of PSA.

Why does nobody mention Opera? It's free now too and is what the other browsers strive to be. Especially since Firefox 2 sucks.

Try out Opera! It's kick ***! And they were the initial innovaters on a lot of things (such as tabbed browsing etc)

www.opera.com :beer:

Shane

^^^^^
I'm not sure if you define this as "fighting the good fight," but this thread's a discussion of IE7 and not Opera. Sure it's a nice browser (not my favorite personally, and yes I tried it out extensively) and it has some interesting features, but this really isn't the place.

Edit: While I still don't really like IE7, I've found that I do really like the tab preview feature... being able to see all the tabbed windows thumbnailed next to each other is actually kinda neat. If they roll out a noscript-style addon with javascript and active-x blocking per domain I might use it more often.

Last edited:
Been using IE7 for a few months now. Not a problem on my end one bit. I enjoy it since it doesn't require me installing another browswer on my system. If another browswer brings new features though I'll use it if it benifits me.

i installed IE7 and its glitching up some of my other internet programs like Bit Tornado and standard file downloads.

yeah we've been getting alotta customers calling with complaints about IE7. It's definitely still a work in progress with alotta software...

People ***** that it is insecure, so M$ makes it secure. In the process of making it secure, some other programs become incompatable with it, so people *****. There was a mess load of stuff that wasnt compatable with Firefox when it first came out... but as time passed, more stuff worked with it.

Maybe when WoW comes up with a launcher that is compatable with IE7, all will be right in the world. It is not IE7 that is broken, just other stuff is not compatable with it yet.

Back